Notices

P1 accident in England.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Bilgerat
WHOLLY F'N S. I once again restate everything I have ever said about these boats. This should have stopped long long ago. Sanborn Jerk your head out of your wallet and do something.
these injuries from such lame boats that are known ill handling machines, just infuriates me. Along with all the sweet talking and deal making used to get people to get in them, Ridiculous !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrWWJFZhg8Y
Be sure to watch the last section starting at 8:53. Are these always that out of control?
Old 09-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
Be sure to watch the last section starting at 8:53. Are these always that out of control?
Those are always that out of control but none of those are the Pnather 28. ONly the single one running by itself was the panther. Even there you can see bow down, front step fully in the water. Dangerous !!!
Old 09-17-2012, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
That is some CRAZY footage
Old 09-17-2012, 05:28 PM
Registered

Really guys? The man passed away. Do it in another post. Have some respect. They are not out of control. I rolled mine this weekend and it was my fault. It's a fountain bottom. Same as watch your back. Just a cut down version. We are turning these things wide ope into a tight turn. What boat have ever done what these are?
Old 09-17-2012, 06:25 PM
OCM
Registered

Wow! Sad news!

One of the best running vee's I have been in

Tim
OCM
Old 09-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SVL-WARLOCK
Really guys? The man passed away. Do it in another post. Have some respect. They are not out of control. I rolled mine this weekend and it was my fault. It's a fountain bottom. Same as watch your back. Just a cut down version. We are turning these things wide ope into a tight turn. What boat have ever done what these are?
I actually have a greater appreciation for the racing dangers and driver skill needed after seeing that video. I give props to any driver that races in that circuit. RIP.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SVL-WARLOCK
I have the utmost respect, For Racers and their fellow competitors, and their families. And that is the very reason that these things need addressed. Maybe "out of control" is a misnomer, as they are actually more like too under control, too much bow steer, not enough power, trim leverage, etc. etc.
Many of us have turned different boats wide open in tight turns.
What do you mean by "What boat have ever done what these are?" Are you referring to handling manners, or the business end of P1superstock?
Old 09-18-2012, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

My prayers and condolences go out to the Lovell family. Very sorry to hear. Prayers to Dan Whapples for a full recovery and his family.

Michael
Old 09-18-2012, 11:06 AM
Racer
Racer

Condolences to the family friends and fans of Mike Lovell and prayers for Dan Whapple. It's a tragedy to lose the up and coming racers in our sport. A young life cut way to short.

To say that P1 hasn't thought out the balance of Safety and performance is ridiculous. They didn't overpower the boats and there were plenty of safety personnel on the racecourse. This is a strong model for enhanced safety programs and open boat racing.
Powerboat racing is dangerous. Period It takes a special type to put it on the line in a race boat. While I didn't know these two racers I suspect most of you would have really got on well with them had you met them personally. They love fast boats and so do you.

So ditch the arguments and leave your condolences and offer support for the fellow powerboat racer fighting for his life.

Miss Geico Racing Team- USA
Old 09-18-2012, 11:21 AM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing
Condolences to the family friends and fans of Mike Lovell and prayers for Dan Whapple. It's a tragedy to lose the up and coming racers in our sport. A young life cut way to short.

To say that P1 hasn't thought out the balance of Safety and performance is ridiculous. They didn't overpower the boats and there were plenty of safety personnel on the racecourse. This is a strong model for enhanced safety programs and open boat racing.
Powerboat racing is dangerous. Period It takes a special type to put it on the line in a race boat. While I didn't know these two racers I suspect most of you would have really got on well with them had you met them personally. They love fast boats and so do you.

So ditch the arguments and leave your condolences and offer support for the fellow powerboat racer fighting for his life.

Miss Geico Racing Team- USA
AMEN

God speed.

John jr

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.