Bravo/Imco prop Aerators...Opinions.. >

Bravo/Imco prop Aerators...Opinions..

Notices

Bravo/Imco prop Aerators...Opinions..

Old 09-18-2012, 11:52 AM
psi
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo/Imco prop Aerators...Opinions..

Ive been actually thinking for some time if this would help out many of the Bravo/Imco guys, helping in slow speed acceleration or for the guys that wanted to run bigger props but had some trouble getting on plane?? Ive been testing it on my boat for over 3yrs and just tried 1 completely different in size and think im finally happy with it to offer it to everyone... I know my application is totally different but ive heard of some war stories of guys having trouble getting on plane especially when there loaded with people and fuel...

It would come with all the hardware and a couple different inserts to regulate the amount of air that actually gets to the prop. I know most Bravo guys dont have the problems like the #6 guys that are trying to spin big 16 and 17inch Cleaver style props but figured Id get some feed back from the OSO community...

Let mee know what you guys think or any other questions...

Regards,
Brendan Alvarez
PSIRacing
Old 09-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Interested to hear more. I've got numerous customers with planing issues, mostly 525 powered hulls. Thought about trying to build something but have never gotten to that point. Pictures?

Bob Lloyd
Full Throttle Marine
Old 09-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by psi
Ive been actually thinking for some time if this would help out many of the Bravo/Imco guys, helping in slow speed acceleration or for the guys that wanted to run bigger props but had some trouble getting on plane?? Ive been testing it on my boat for over 3yrs and just tried 1 completely different in size and think im finally happy with it to offer it to everyone... I know my application is totally different but ive heard of some war stories of guys having trouble getting on plane especially when there loaded with people and fuel...

It would come with all the hardware and a couple different inserts to regulate the amount of air that actually gets to the prop. I know most Bravo guys dont have the problems like the #6 guys that are trying to spin big 16 and 17inch Cleaver style props but figured Id get some feed back from the OSO community...

Let mee know what you guys think or any other questions...

Regards,
Brendan Alvarez
PSIRacing
Hey Brendan,

Let us see a few pictures of what you built?

For many Bravo applications, it can be a treat to get up on plane and have mid range acceleration with standard props. With a few props like the "Maximus" they have the diffuser plugs that can be removed for bottom/mid range slip to get the engine RPM's up.. I know a few people have tried building aerators for Bravo's but they never seem to make it out the door?

As for instance i know we have spoken about your boat in the past. You have a high boosted, high RPM single engine cat. I imagine your throttle to be a light switch getting on plane (on/off). An aerator could be a good solution to help free the prop for RPM, and will basically shut off at higher speeds and allow the boat to turn without cavitating the prop to bad.

Shoot me an email or give me a call with that aerator and or with any set up questions!

-Eric
[email protected]

TEAGUE CUSTOM MARINE
www.teaguecustommarine.com
Old 09-18-2012, 01:08 PM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Brendon, I know a lot of 525 guys that have custom built large cav plates for their setup. You see this on DCB F29's sometime.

I even built a large one out of stainless for my Warlock cat that had a high X and a large 572 blower motor.

Put up some pics of your setup. I had the 25 daytona @ loto with the ilmor. Met you at your dock.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:47 PM
psi
Registered

Hey Bob....I figured some of the less powered guys is where it would work the best...but again want to get everyones feedback....the Aerator I build is out of Aluminum and actually seems like more work then what is sold for the #6 drives but with that Im trying to make sure I can keep the cost down...It works extremely well on my boat and the Aerator was the 2nd biggest question at LOTO next to my powerplant!! I will put up some pics but give mee and idea on the drive set ups and props mainly everyone seems to be using that has some trouble with planning issues....also I run a considerably high x-dimension so I can only imagine guys who are not as extreme or have a lower x-dimension the even greater the benefit from the Aerator.... Thanks For your reply!!

Hey Eric....thanks for your interest...yes on my boat I had to overcome many obstacles to get it to work and my engine without boost is basically worthless...just as worthless with out the right Aerator... its been crucial getting the right dimensions...to big and the boat didnt want to get on plane and just cavitated the prop, to small and I couldnt build enough boost to make enough power to even spin the prop to get up on plane!!! I will post pics soon....

Hey Cliff....It was great meeting you at LOTO and definitely remember you and your boat!! It was actually funny when we seen you idling by outside of the house, I had been wondering what powered your Daytona and then there you guys were...How did you actually find mee there?? You guys werent staying down that cove where you?? I had actually spoken to your buddy Mike on FB and had told him if you needed any advice or opinions on anything to let mee know.... I was actually gonna contact him also to give him the info about the Aerator seeing if it was something you might be interested in... pics coming soon...

Thanks guys,
Brendan
PSIRacing
Old 09-18-2012, 06:37 PM
Registered

My 28zx Donzi had this problem when it had 2 or more people in the back seat. It had twin 6.2 and 27p bravo props. I no longer have it though or i would have tried your product.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I was just about to drill holes in my bottom notch just last week and install 2 breathers with hoses in the engine compartment. I had a race to get to in Solomans and didnt get to it. I have a race in Jupiter FL. next month. Any chance they will be done soon? I would need to make sure the rules didnt give any advantage other than getting on plane quicker. We run a Merc. 525 1" below the bottom with a 30 pitch Hydromotive PX 5 blade. It takes us a good 50 yards to get on plane. I was worried we wouldnt make the start it takes that long.
Randy
Old 09-18-2012, 07:40 PM
psi
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
I was just about to drill holes in my bottom notch just last week and install 2 breathers with hoses in the engine compartment. I had a race to get to in Solomans and didnt get to it. I have a race in Jupiter FL. next month. Any chance they will be done soon? I would need to make sure the rules didnt give any advantage other than getting on plane quicker. We run a Merc. 525 1" below the bottom with a 30 pitch Hydromotive PX 5 blade. It takes us a good 50 yards to get on plane. I was worried we wouldnt make the start it takes that long.
Randy

Hey Randy, trust mee you dont have to explain to me how pain staking it is to take that long to get on plane, especially in a race boat configuration, where time is everything...PM Mee or email mee at [email protected] and I will get you sorted out immediately... I would love to help you guys out!!

Hey show-n-go h2o....just keep us in mind next time you ever need anything like it or can pass on the word...Thanks for the post!!

Regards,
Brendan
PSIracing
Old 09-18-2012, 09:15 PM
Registered

Cool stuff, I had done a ProCharger on a stock 454 Mag, and he is turning a prop that is big enough that it doesn;t like to plane too well. Actually I had suggested we try an Aerator, and he ductaped a Vaccum hose to the side of the drive up out of the water, but clearly it wasnt in the correct position to work like the #6 aerators I have seen. Then he never fiddled with it anymore, I think he has too much fun once it is on plane to care about the crummy get on plane performance.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:16 PM
Registered

Can't wait to see the pic's Brendan. Artie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.