Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Rare Offshore boats similar to Yenko Camaro's and the like. >

Rare Offshore boats similar to Yenko Camaro's and the like.

Notices

Rare Offshore boats similar to Yenko Camaro's and the like.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Awesome thread, love seeing these classics.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

----Any one of the approximately 15 or so Finos left out of the production run of 30 would be as rare as any of the boats mentioned above and arguably way better looking. And,,,They have quite a pedigree, being dreamed up by close Aronow pal Bobby Rautbord and designed by the incomparable Walt Walters.
----When you say no "performance boat" appreciates you might be stretching things a bit to include a Riva Super Aquarama, but they have gone into the statosphere in the last couple of years. Its my belief that Finos will travel that same path........Bill S
Old 09-25-2012, 10:23 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Totally different market, marketing, and industry. I'll admit there are rare ones, but like previously said, they do not appreciate. No one really "collects" boats.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 1,827 Likes on 716 Posts
Default Yep.

Originally Posted by 28cigarettess
I was thinking 31 Excalibur.....
Been told that many times. The pad bottoms and beaks came from Allison.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Do you have the old CRASH LANDING Scarab ?? This was the Reggie Executioner before the beak.
No I do not. I was talking with Andy last night who owned my boat in the 80's and he was telling me about the other flat deck Scarab (Crash Landing) that had the same paint job as his, but Crash Landing had 370's in it and his (Under Pressure) was the 475 HP turbo motors
Old 10-27-2015, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 576 Likes on 239 Posts

I think these Old Tubs are holding their value quite well

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1966...s#.Vi-xr9KrSzc
Old 10-27-2015, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

The first executioners were laid up AT Excalibur and were essentially there 31' hull with a pad on the bottom. After a little while Reggie moved the operation and opened the plant in North Carolina, added the beak etc the rest is history
Old 10-28-2015, 07:32 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by phughes69
I have a 1980 Wellcraft Scarab 377 with factory twin turbo Gale Banks BBC & SSM II drives. I have only seen one other Wellcraft like it. I just recently saw a Chris Craft 32' Scorpion that had the same package. I would say that my boat is a rarity in that Wellcraft probably made very few like it. The other boat that I think is similar to the Yenko's and Baldwin Motion cars would be the Chris Craft Stinger 312 Competition that popped up for sale a few months ago. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...mpetition.html The other boat I have in mind is the Cigarette 38 SE Cover Girl that was on the cover of Powerboat Magazine in 1988. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...rboat-mag.html

How else has boat like these that are oddities that the factory produced and has kept them old school looking?
Hey Pat, this is the thirty i mentioned in that other thread that has the same paint as yours. Its actually a bit legendary down here. Use to see and hear it run the river when it was new in the early 80's then basically it sat out in a field on the outskirts of town from the mid 80's till about two years ago when a guy showed up at my shop with it. For sitting outside it is still in remarkable shape. He got it fired up and has been running it ever since, the new owner is keeping it all original.
Attached Thumbnails Rare Offshore boats similar to Yenko Camaro's and the like.-thmpr.jpg  
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 10-28-2015, 10:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

I think I have seen that paint scheme on a another Scarab that Wellcraft used in one of their brochures. Any idea what that Scarab has in it for power? It looks like the skeg on one of the drives is missing?
I found this boat on CL and talked to the guy on the phone, but I guess some other members on here looked at it and said that the boats stringers and transom are a wreck and all the upholstery is shot.
I thought it would be cool to take an older Scarab that needed engine and put LSx engines in it.
Attached Thumbnails Rare Offshore boats similar to Yenko Camaro's and the like.-00t0t_daspqankjab_600x450.jpg  
Old 10-28-2015, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Totally different market, marketing, and industry. I'll admit there are rare ones, but like previously said, they do not appreciate. No one really "collects" boats.

Looks like this guy did some collecting.
http://www.hjblogs.com/warner-vintag...ted-oct-15-17/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.