Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Rare Offshore boats similar to Yenko Camaro's and the like. >

Rare Offshore boats similar to Yenko Camaro's and the like.

Notices

Rare Offshore boats similar to Yenko Camaro's and the like.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Rare Offshore boats similar to Yenko Camaro's and the like.

I have a 1980 Wellcraft Scarab 377 with factory twin turbo Gale Banks BBC & SSM II drives. I have only seen one other Wellcraft like it. I just recently saw a Chris Craft 32' Scorpion that had the same package. I would say that my boat is a rarity in that Wellcraft probably made very few like it. The other boat that I think is similar to the Yenko's and Baldwin Motion cars would be the Chris Craft Stinger 312 Competition that popped up for sale a few months ago. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...mpetition.html The other boat I have in mind is the Cigarette 38 SE Cover Girl that was on the cover of Powerboat Magazine in 1988. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...rboat-mag.html

How else has boat like these that are oddities that the factory produced and has kept them old school looking?
Old 09-24-2012, 11:00 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What about Fountain #1
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o32208-en.html
Old 09-24-2012, 11:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DirtyMoney View Post
Hell yeah, that qualifies. That thing is very clean and very cool. Love the built in fuel pressure and boost pressure pods on the dash. Excuse my ignorance but I thought Reggie's 1st boats were splashed off the 24x7s that Farmer designed?
Old 09-24-2012, 11:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fixx

Originally Posted by phughes69 View Post
Hell yeah, that qualifies. That thing is very clean and very cool. Love the built in fuel pressure and boost pressure pods on the dash. Excuse my ignorance but I thought Reggie's 1st boats were splashed off the 24x7s that Farmer designed?
reggies first boats were splashed off the scarab line..got ,caught in the process..so im told!!
Old 09-24-2012, 11:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrfixxall View Post
reggies first boats were splashed off the scarab line..got ,caught in the process..so im told!!
I was thinking 31 Excalibur.....
Old 09-25-2012, 12:01 AM
Registered

Default fixx

Originally Posted by 28cigarettess View Post
I was thinking 31 Excalibur.....
that could have been it,,all i remember was that the the first hulls that reggie splashed were hulls that he raced,,he was pulling molds off of the hulls and one of the reps walked in..he also copied the pad off the midnight express from what i was told..
Old 09-25-2012, 12:26 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by phughes69 View Post
I have a 1980 Wellcraft Scarab 377 with factory twin turbo Gale Banks BBC & SSM II drives. I have only seen one other Wellcraft like it. I just recently saw a Chris Craft 32' Scorpion that had the same package. I would say that my boat is a rarity in that Wellcraft probably made very few like it. The other boat that I think is similar to the Yenko's and Baldwin Motion cars would be the Chris Craft Stinger 312 Competition that popped up for sale a few months ago. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...mpetition.html The other boat I have in mind is the Cigarette 38 SE Cover Girl that was on the cover of Powerboat Magazine in 1988. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...rboat-mag.html

How else has boat like these that are oddities that the factory produced and has kept them old school looking?
Do you have the old CRASH LANDING Scarab ?? This was the Reggie Executioner before the beak.
Attached Thumbnails Rare Offshore boats similar to Yenko Camaro's and the like.-executioner-h2o.jpg  
Old 09-25-2012, 06:41 AM
Registered

One super minor detail missing when comparing the specialty Scarabs/Stingers/Excaliburs to the Yenko SC's.... The Yenko's greatly increased in value while there probably has never been a boat built that increased in value. Thank goodness they appreciate in other ways.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerquest230 View Post
One super minor detail missing when comparing the specialty Scarabs/Stingers/Excaliburs to the Yenko SC's.... The Yenko's greatly increased in value while there probably has never been a boat built that increased in value. Thank goodness they appreciate in other ways.
Yenko cars and the like were high performers in their day AND beyond which was an oddity since most newer performance cars exceed the performance of the prior line up. The 70s/80s were terrible for performance cars making the cars of the late 60s very desirable. This has not happened with boats. Even Apaches which were legendary in their day and can still hold their own today are slow to resell at a premium even when perfectly restored. As fuel costs rise people will be less interested in boats especially slower, older ones with odd power plants. One boat that comes to mind was the 27 Magnum "Powder Keg," boat was beautifully restored (over 100k spent if I remember correctly) and it was asking high 20's when it finally sold. The 47 "Spirit of Apache" is heading down that same path as well (1.2mm ask is now down to 399k).
Old 09-25-2012, 08:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I love old school boats and cars....been gearhead my whole life! Keep em coming!

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser