Notices

LOTO Marina

Old 07-08-2002, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOTO Marina

As I look for the new boat, I have also started to look for a new marina on the LOTO. I am looking for a smaller (cheaper) marina, that I can put the new "cat" or "V hull" on the lift at and not worry about it. I have been told that Blue Harbor Marine is a nice place, just thought I would ask the "board" for its thoughts. We used to use Port Arrowhead, can not bring myself to do that again. We were told to check out Moorings Yacht Club, Village Marina, and WestPort Yacht Club... I am always open for suggestions...

Oh and has anyone ever heard of Pallisades?

Thanks
Mike
Old 07-08-2002, 09:28 AM
Registered

Ive heard of Pallisades, (14.5 MM) are you looking to rent or to own a slip? I think the Pallisades only sell slips, and rental would be thru individual owners. They have a pretty good breakwater, pool, clubhouse, parking near the lake elevation - no steps, and no ramp.
Old 07-08-2002, 09:30 AM
Registered

Default Really not for sure

Probaly for now, just rent. As soon as our son gets a little older we will probaly shop for a house. He is only 2, but loves the water...Thank goodness.
Old 07-08-2002, 11:28 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

glencove marine has a new marina at the 1mm very nice facility with pool and showers and lounge area.
Old 07-09-2002, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 407 Likes on 241 Posts

Try one of the marinas just south of the Grand Glaize bridge on the east side. Mundegrast is huge, but there is a small marina on the south side of the cove heading east that has nice facilities. Can't remember the name, but there is a 50' Wellcraft Scarab sitting in there next to a Fountain.
Old 07-09-2002, 08:47 AM
Registered

Blue Harbor is a nice, small, family owned marina with good mechanics working there. Used to take my boat there all the time for service and was usually pleased with the results. You can only expect so much at the lake.
Old 07-09-2002, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

also dave munganast is building new marina right past the grand glaze bridge to your left as you go under bridge to pc
Old 07-09-2002, 09:14 AM
Registered

What are your priorities? ie. price, service/parts dept, new docks, location (road/water), no wake, facilities.
I wanted a VERY quiet no wake area that was located near the 19MM. I ended up at Yacht Club Marina.
Gary
Old 07-09-2002, 09:39 AM
Registered

Default My priorities,,,

I am looking for a little of each one of those,, I have heard Blue Harbor is nice,,, I guess it should have a nice little motel close to stay at. But in general just a nice place to keep my boat. We have a little one 2 1/2 that will be coming along.
Old 07-09-2002, 10:05 AM
Registered

Blue harbor gets a lot of waves, being on the main channel. I dont think they have much in terms of facilities (bath/showers, etc). And I think they're a little weak in the parts and service. BTW, they just changed owners, now Blue Moon Marina.
You might want to check out Kellys Port at the 19MM. It's right down the road from Blue Moon. Nice, new facility with a very good parts dept. I compared prices several years ago, and they were cheaper than Port Arrowhead and the Moorings.
My advice would be to check out the marinas by boat on a weekend to see what they're really like. That caused me to eliminate a couple.
Gary

Quick Reply: LOTO Marina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.