Old 11-05-2013, 07:21 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Old 11-05-2013, 09:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Sorry to hear about the lack of customer service at OL.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:32 AM
British member!
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Pete - I know you've been trying to sort this out privately and without any fuss - It sounds like they are taking advantage of a Brit that wants to do things the nice way!

Very disappointed in the result - hope it isn't too late to get it done right!

If it's too loud you're too old!

BananaShark Racing

British Champions 2005!
Old 11-06-2013, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Hope your making the best out of your vacation in the states. Still feel for you and hope OL is working to take care of your problem.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good looking boat, I'd hazard a guess the issues aren't major, and you think it would be easier for the factory to rectify them, instead of coping the negative publicity, especially on a build with such a following...
Old 11-10-2013, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 532 Likes on 329 Posts

Awesome pic right there
Old 11-10-2013, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 532 Likes on 329 Posts

I don't see the "Gulf" logo on the side tho?
Old 11-21-2013, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Sorry for not posting sooner we have been having way too much fun down here Over powerboat week in Key West i had a couple of constructive meetings with Mike and Paul from Outerlimits who are going to address my remaining issues which i am very happy with
Once we got the boat down to Key West i fitted a high pressure relief valve in the steering pump, as previously once the prop started to surface i only had power assistance to the right against the rotation it reverted to manual i.e. blowing the relief valve in the pump, at the same time i custom fitted a vent tube to suit the rake of the prop.
First test: Vent tube was drawing way too much air so had to tape up most of the diameter just leaving a small bleed hole, i can now get the boat to plane in any sea condition. When i get back to England i will manufacture a vent tube with a hinged cap so when you trim in it opens and when at the normal running trim it will be closed this will be automatic and adjustable.
High pressure steering valve works a treat i now have power assistance in both directions.
As this boat is going to be used for development of my fly-by-wire steering system i have been collecting valuable data with instrumentation i brought from England, part of the reason for choosing Key West is after the race week has finished there is basically no-one around so i can do my testing without letting too much information into the wrong hands... up to around 75mph the steering is now pretty good, beyond that the pulsing caused by the surfacing prop unseats the check valves in the helm unit so the steering creeps to the right which you constantly have to counter to the left, when you come of the throttle you have to steer to the right to counter the reverse torque something you have to do smoothly if you don't want to swap ends, this will be cured by fitting a specially calibrated dual counter balnce valve between the helm and the steering cylinders, this totally eliminates any play in the system. I will also fit a much larger capacity helm unit as currently it is 3.8 turns lock to lock and it needs to be about 2.4 turns. I will be bringing all these parts with me for our next visit. This is so that i will be able to offer improved hydraulic steering as well as full fly-by-wire with steering wheel mounted throttle paddles.
Since the end of powerboat week we have logged over 200 test miles in all sorts of sea conditions it has never been smooth enough for us to be able to run more than 95mph engine is only turning 5500rpm so still got 1100rpm to go. We have also encountered several days with waves in the 5-6 foot region and we have been running from Key West to Stock island with quartering seas back and forth just for fun, we spent 4 hours one day doing this never once put the bow in or got spray in the cockpit... This little boat feels extremely solid with no shudders throught the hull with this sort of treatment, it bats way above it's size in rough weather capability. The few other boats that were out at the same time and there weren't many... were crashing through the waves at semi displacement speeds getting extremely wet rides.
We fly back to England next friday as soon as i am over the jet lag i will be in the factory making the new parts ready for our next adventure

Peter
Attached Thumbnails Sv29/ilmor 725/indy-img_0986.jpg   Sv29/ilmor 725/indy-img_0987.jpg   Sv29/ilmor 725/indy-img_0988.jpg  

Sv29/ilmor 725/indy-img_0989.jpg   Sv29/ilmor 725/indy-img_0998.jpg   Sv29/ilmor 725/indy-img_0997.jpg  

Old 11-23-2013, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful boat! Glad everything worked out.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear that OL is going to straighten out your issues. You still manage to give them praise even though their is unfinished business. Congrats on the ride by the way. Beautiful boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.