What A Weekend....The Good &The Bad

Notices

What A Weekend....The Good &The Bad

Old 07-07-2002, 11:26 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Unhappy What A Weekend....The Good &The Bad

Here it is, the end of probably the BEST BOATING WEEKEND I ever had. I finally got my 10 month old and 3 yr old daughters along with my understanding wife out on the 28 Checkmate. 1st ride was for the 4th of July Fireworks. They all had a blast.
Today had to be the best. The water was calm, smiles from the girls ear to ear and even got to visit a few friends by water. We just drove around without a care in the world. We stopped at the F-Cove for a swim which was also my family's first time there. Next thing we knew it was time for dinner. Made a quick stop at Stewarts on 37 in Toms River. Now by this time the sun was about to set on the Toms River. So we drove the whole river looking at all the scenery along the shoreline. As we headed back east the sun set at our backs as I had just thought, " It just doesn't get any better then this." To see the looks on my girl's faces as we drove down the bay towards Island Beach State Park, it will last in memory for some time to come. The strangest thing was my wife by this time had not even asked to head back home. As it grew darker she finally asked if we could. Obviously it was a day we did not want to end.

So by this time, the boat was loaded on the trailer. There I was traveling past the fireworks in Lavallette, thinking again, what a great weekend to celebrate.

That was, until I got home...

My wife comes through the door with the phone ringing which is odd for our house considering it was so late. She knew something was wrong and was afraid to answer. Sure enough...

We got news my DAD had a Heart Attack today... All I have been told so far is they transported him to another hospital for further tests and that he is fine. I will know more tomorrow after I go visit him.

I often think sometimes when you're having too good of a time, you wonder what it may cost you. I would have never expected this......

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 07-07-2002, 11:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BEST OF LUCK TO YOUR DAD SHARKEY. GLAD TO HEAR THE KIDS HAD AN ENJOYABLE DAY ON THE BOAT.
Old 07-07-2002, 11:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh my God My Best Regards to your family Sharkey I hope everything will be Ok for your Father.
Old 07-07-2002, 11:52 PM
Banned

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hope everything works out well.
Old 07-08-2002, 12:12 AM
SunseekerNY

Originally posted by cuda
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hope everything works out well.
DITTO

Old 07-08-2002, 05:07 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Old 07-08-2002, 06:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope everything is well with your Father
Old 07-08-2002, 08:24 AM
Registered

Old 07-08-2002, 08:36 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sharkey keep us posted!!! I hope all is well with your father. I am sure that he will be fine. Medicine these days is amazing!! Glad that you guys all love the new boat and had a wonderful day.

Jon
Old 07-08-2002, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Tim,

so sorry to hear about your Dad...keep us posted...& take care....

Marty

Quick Reply: What A Weekend....The Good &The Bad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.