Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I would not trade my trailer queen for anything!!!! >

I would not trade my trailer queen for anything!!!!

Notices

I would not trade my trailer queen for anything!!!!

Old 07-12-2002, 12:01 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up I would not trade my trailer queen for anything!!!!

All the crap we get (TooOld, Cord, Puder, Me) Well today I just realized that having a project boat, aka trailer queen is really not so bad. I finished sanding out the starbord side windows and got the first couple layers of glass on the port side windows and things are really starting to shape up!! I got a sudden sence of accomplishment that you CAN NOT get just driving these pigs around on the water. It is the bug that has bit the few of us. I was thinking if some one came up to me and handed me a brand new Cig Top Gun and said I will trade ya, I would actually think about it first!!! Of course I would come to my sences Anyhow I had a great night and had to share.

Jon
Old 07-12-2002, 12:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All you guys do great work. I'd love to have that talent!
Old 07-12-2002, 12:16 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will NEVER buy another project boat. Never again!!! Nothing but turn key for me from now on!!

You can have your project Jon. All of it!! I've got my own!!

I'll call you tomorrow about the electical thing.
Old 07-12-2002, 07:57 AM
Wildfire

I am on project #4 in 8 years. My wife, friends and complete strangers all think I'm nuts. The best quote is from the neighbor lady. She rides up and says, "Why did he take all of the paint off?" and then "Ooh, that does need a lot of work doesn't it?"

My response is "get bent". I bought it to use (for a while) and then probably get another one. It is as much fun working on them as it is cruising around and it doesn't cost a dime in gas. Parts and supplies is another matter.

I would post in process pics, but the process is too slow. So don't feel like the only one. We are out there. Hiding in our shops, covering ourselves in dust and inhaling toxic fumes while the pretty people lounge in the sun. Of course, they don't know their boat like we do and they never will.

For us, boating is a journey, not just a destination.

Old 07-12-2002, 08:00 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

No tubo's last night at all. Totally clear hear When I was finished with work last night at like 11:00pm for the second night in a row I was just totally pumped. Of course getting rides from everyone line Troutly, Mamatryd, Biggus, and so many others has been a help, but I just love working on my boat. When I am finished there have been not this guy screwed me or that guy screwed me stories it is all on my shoulders. When I started this project I know NOTHING about this boat and IO's in general. I know feel like I know about every inch of my boat except for what is under the cockpit and that is next

Jon
Old 07-12-2002, 09:56 AM
Registered

Well im suprised im not in that list LOL
Anyway, I think if I ever get another project boat, im going to keep the baja so I can go out and not be stuck in the driveway pulling down my shorts and pissing all over the engines when I get mad and throwing rachets around.
It is a big sense of accomplishment when you can stand back and see your hooptie coming together and taking shape but if you cant get it out on the freakin water what is the point.
I did not buy this as a lawn ornament and personally im getting sick of workin on it day and night and weekend after weekend after weekend and then coming in to see the general discussion board filled with "we had an incredible weekend" and "pics from the shootout" and " poker run pics and video's" and "scope blah blah whatever (those guys do everything!!!)"
and im stuck suckin fumes at home getting pissed off to no end and having problems after problems after problems
But im so close now, just a few gaskets, few oil changes and break in periods and man IM FREAKIN OUT THERE
Ill worry about painting it and doing the fiber optics and stuff later
I just want to go for a ride!!!!!
and last but not least
This better be worth it!
Im glad you like being in your position and sort of I dont mind too much but I have been out on friends boat 2 times so far this year
Im missing too much and seeing pics is all fine well and good but man I want to be in the middle of it all not watching from the sidelines
Jason
Old 07-12-2002, 10:14 AM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

turn the key and go baby !!!!!!!!!!!

However, my time schedule and current housing arangement does not allow for me to have projects. Not enough room in a townhome

I like to be able to drop the boat off at storage and not have ot worry about it. Pick it up on the next outing, like in 2 hours, and get to the lake. Start it up and go.

But things are simple that way. And Jon is right, I may not know the boat inside and out but I still know it in a different way,

RUNNING
Old 07-12-2002, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Waterfoul
I will NEVER buy another project boat. Never again!!! Nothing but turn key for me from now on!!

You can have your project Jon. All of it!! I've got my own!!

I'll call you tomorrow about the electical thing.
Amen Brother! The word WARRANTY springs to mind. I guess it is good for a first boat, because I have learned so much, but GEEZ! Not terribly practical.

P.S. -- Wildfire, I think you're nuts too.
Old 07-12-2002, 11:59 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

I hit on that point about a week ago when I finished the stern wiring. I was beaming. Of course in the time since then, I've gotten absolutly nothing done.
Old 07-12-2002, 12:53 PM
Registered

Its a great feeling when you finnaly get your project finished and you are out screaming across the water knowing that you worked your a$$ off to acomplish what you are doing, it makes you appreciate what you have a whole lot more.
I think about all the late nights, cussing, throwing tools, and getting pissed off, and its all worth it to me.

Quick Reply: I would not trade my trailer queen for anything!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.