Wow!  Gas Stations Out of Gas in California >

Wow! Gas Stations Out of Gas in California

Notices

Wow! Gas Stations Out of Gas in California

Old 10-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Wow! Gas Stations Out of Gas in California

Deja Vu! The "OUT OF GAS" signs are back out. Due to a series of pipeline and refinery problems, the wholesale price of gasoline skyrocketed, and some stations decided to stop selling gas rather than pay the high wholesale high prices. They have let their tanks go dry. They didn't want to be stuck with high priced gasoline if the prices suddenly dropped again. Premium is over $5 per gallon at some statiions. I paid $4.69 for Premium Thursday evening in SoCal.

Bloomberg News - California Stations Begin to Shut

Michael
Old 10-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's going to get really interesting, I've seen it jump .20 the last couple days in a row.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Registered

reaping what they sow
Old 10-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i saw 5.69 per gallon on yahoo earlier..
Old 10-05-2012, 11:39 PM
Platinum Member

I went to Costco in Northridge, CA for gas today and they were OUT and said that they wouldn't have a delivery today at all.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:01 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

A couple stations here in mass do this, gas prices go up and they just let it run out. If it goes down a bit they buy again.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel for the consumers it affects but gotta give a thumbs up to the station owners.
Old 10-06-2012, 12:23 AM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

I just went by a couple stations tonight. Now it is up to 4.99 a gallon, a 30 cent increase in one day! At this rate, we'll see $6 a gallon gas easily by the end of next week.

The refiners has asked to go to winter blend for better supply. The California Air Resource Board is mulling it over, taking their sweet time. They are the most useless waste of $0.6 billion (yes with a "B") a year in tax money ever conceived.

Michael
Old 10-06-2012, 12:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Michael1
I just went by a couple stations tonight. Now it is up to 4.99 a gallon, a 30 cent increase in one day! At this rate, we'll see $6 a gallon gas easily by the end of next week.

The refiners has asked to go to winter blend for better supply. The California Air Resource Board is mulling it over, taking their sweet time. They are the most useless waste of $0.6 billion (yes with a "B") a year in tax money ever conceived.

Michael
try .86 billion......over 25 dollars per year for every single person in the state

http://www.arb.ca.gov/board/bio/marynichols.htm

860,000,000 wasted on a non-elected board of people half of which have most likely never had a class past high school chemistry in their life

the chairman has a BA from Cornell and a law degree from Yale.....a BA is a degree that generally requires next to no (if any) science courses and almost surely none above entry level if any at all

several others have poly sci or sociology degrees....there is a single engineer and a couple of MDs as well

http://www.arb.ca.gov/board/members.htm

what a collection of idiots and jokes

not exactly a group of people I would expect to understand the science of pollution, oil and gas, refining, combustion, or anything at all that they regulate

and 860 million and California also has their own separate EPA as well that surely has an even higher budget

and they wonder why business and intelligent people are leaving them in droves and nothing can get done in that state
Old 10-06-2012, 01:53 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Gas prices here have actually dropped about 25 cents over the past 5 days?????
We are $3.55 for 87 and around $3.95 for 91.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.