Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Pop Yachts, anyone ever used them? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/286019-pop-yachts-anyone-ever-used-them.html)

BlueOval 10-07-2012 11:39 AM

Pop Yachts, anyone ever used them?

They are trying to get me to list my boat with them, I have never read anything about them.

Pwraddr 10-07-2012 05:27 PM

There are a few threads on them, search...I remember there being decent input.

T-RAV 10-07-2012 06:42 PM

I can't see how they really do anything but list your boat on boat trader and then take calls. I'm sure you still have to do all the picture taking answering questions etc. you are just doing it to one person vs every person that calls. Then they take a fee for the $50 listing...

brett_p 10-07-2012 07:39 PM

I called about a boat that they had listed when I was searching for a boat to purchase earlier this year. As anyone would, I had a lot of questions. All they could answer was what was already posted in the listing which wasn't much. Their response was: put in a offer and we can take it from there. Needless to say, that didn't happen and I never
Looked at any other boats that were listed by them.

BlueOval 10-08-2012 08:40 AM

I have sold a few boats, never used a broker, I just told them I was not interested. Sold my last two boats on boattrader. One last weekend coming up and to the barn with her. I will re-list it in the spring when the snow melts.

sommerfliesby 10-08-2012 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by BlueOval (Post 3792085)
I have sold a few boats, never used a broker, I just told them I was not interested. Sold my last two boats on boattrader. One last weekend coming up and to the barn with her. I will re-list it in the spring when the snow melts.

Selling the 38 already? What's next Bob?

BlueOval 10-08-2012 09:32 AM

The wife wants a center console, she wants to get back to some of the inland lakes.

links 10-08-2012 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by BlueOval (Post 3791671)
They are trying to get me to list my boat with them, I have never read anything about them.

I have mine listed with them for the "exposure" they claim to bring to the boat. I believe I started with them in March and boat still not sold. I figured they list it without any upfront cost so why not. Cant sell it on here!!

dirtlawyer 10-08-2012 02:29 PM

Can't say from a Seller's perspective but from a Buyer's perspective, I don't have a lot of faith in them. One good thing is that they try to document photowise any issues with the boat. My bad experience has come from the broker not using any filter whatsoever in sending me listings that he thought I would be interested in. Sort of the ole throw up as much crap against the wall as you can and see what sticks.

Dont' really see how they get any more exposure than you would with a Boat Trader, OSO and Craigslist ad.

Jamie B. 10-08-2012 08:26 PM

My only exposure to them is when I was looking for an express cruiser, they would have the same boat listed for sale for between $2,000-$10,000 more than the owner-generated Craiglist ad for the same boat. Same pictures too.