Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I met the "Agony of Defeat" guy!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28689-i-met-agony-defeat-guy.html)

C_Spray 07-14-2002 08:09 PM

I met the "Agony of Defeat" guy!!!

He's out here in Colorado, attending a Racing School that I run. His name is Moose Barrows, and he's a really great guy, now about 60 years old. He still skis, and lives in Steamboat Springs, Colorado.
Believe it or not, his only injury in that (awesome) crash was a dislocated hip, and he was skiing again 8 weeks later! Even though he looks like a rag doll in the footage, he was not knocked out, and remembers most of the crash. :eek: The bummer part is that, because the crash occurred during the 1968 Olympics, the footage belonged to the Olympic Committee and they sold it to ABC. He never got a penny for it's use. :(

spitfire1 07-14-2002 08:20 PM

I remember that show.....that crash was really something.....

Shane 07-14-2002 09:24 PM

That's pretty neat Chuck! Did you get our message today? I think we came up with a cool solution to our problem. Hopefully Paul will be wet Tuesday!:D

anewdoman 09-14-2005 08:19 PM

Re: I met the "Agony of Defeat" guy!!!

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the clip where Mr. Agony smashes into the hay-bales? We want to use it at an informal meeting.
please email [email protected]

SOX 09-14-2005 09:11 PM

WOW, Your first post is on a three year old thread. How in the world did you dig this up? Any way welcome aboard. :D

BTW, That would suck being know as the "agony of defeat guy" poor Moose

R Addiction 09-14-2005 09:23 PM

LMAO!! Chuck........You kill me!! Going out this weekend? :drink: :D

Ms PatriYacht 09-15-2005 05:31 AM

what kills me is I read a thread I don't look at the date, and then I see a post from Troutly and for a second think, oh my he's back and then I look at the date :(

Sean 09-15-2005 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
what kills me is I read a thread I don't look at the date, and then I see a post from Troutly and for a second think, oh my he's back and then I look at the date :(

where did he go? did i miss something?

DoTheMath 09-15-2005 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht

I did the EXACT same thing! (then I looked at the date to be sure, and... :( ) Before the java kicks in I can be a bit slow...

Mr Gadgets 09-15-2005 08:24 AM

Ms, Math,

Yeah, what did I miss.. were is Troutly?

Sydwayz 09-15-2005 08:58 AM

Troutly still surfs OSO occaisionally, but due to some personal events in/around his life, he is no longer a regular on OSO. Enough said.

satisfactionII 09-15-2005 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Troutly
Yepo-----ABC's Wide World of Sports! I watched that all the time. Jim McKay and the gang did a great job :)

During those days it was the only ting on TV worth watching. :D

Mr Gadgets 09-15-2005 09:49 AM

Ok.... Thanks!
I was hoping it was NOT bad news. Bad that he is not here, but still around. I was a bit worried.

Dick