Hurrican Sandy going to hit NJ....... >

Hurrican Sandy going to hit NJ.......

Notices

Hurrican Sandy going to hit NJ.......

Old 10-27-2012, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brian18330
Thanks so much for the offer, I'm back in PA trying to prepare for it up here now. I'll hope for the best. Thanks again.
No problem......Best of luck to you.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:43 PM
Registered

Not to be a worry wart but I took the Cig for a spin today. When I pulled it out of the water about 5PM I looked towards the river and saw 2 of the Cape May Lewis ferries going by. They were up the river about 70 miles north of their home. Never heard of them running up the river for shelter before.

Old 10-27-2012, 10:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

One thing I know about hurricanes is that the tidal surge can always be VERY localized; massive swings within a couple miles.

I have lines drawn on the wall in my garage from Isabel, Irene, and several nor-easters. As those lines relate to the local "reports of tidal surge" are all completely obscure. I'm at the southern tip of the bay, the water is in the yard (11:10 PM on Saturday), we're 2.5 hours off high tide, and it doesn't seem to be retreating. I don't think it's going to be bad for us, but I am glad we don't live further north......

Ice Maker is still working, we still have power, and I can syphon 200 gallons out of the boat for the generator if needed!!!
Old 10-27-2012, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone is in a bind to have a place to put their boat in the mid delaware area I have a farm just north of Harrington DE just off of RT13. 5000' driveway without trees.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 370 Likes on 249 Posts

good luck to all... will follow this tread...
Old 10-28-2012, 06:58 AM
Registered

Best of luck guys. I think I'm ready but must urge people to heed the warnings. If your told to evacuate, then do it. None of us want to leave our stuff but its a must. No point in putting first responders in harms way due to your foolishness. Material items can be replaced and homes rebuilt but its much harder to replace a family member.

One the lighter side of things, the pending storm seems to have people getting their stuff out early. Even saw a really nice 35' stepped go fast on rt 10 in Randolph last night. It's rare to see higher end boats by me.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by prostock85
Best of luck guys. I think I'm ready but must urge people to heed the warnings. If your told to evacuate, then do it. None of us want to leave our stuff but its a must. No point in putting first responders in harms way due to your foolishness. Material items can be replaced and homes rebuilt but its much harder to replace a family member.

One the lighter side of things, the pending storm seems to have people getting their stuff out early. Even saw a really nice 35' stepped go fast on rt 10 in Randolph last night. It's rare to see higher end boats by me.
Well said. God Bless Be safe. Artie
Old 10-28-2012, 10:24 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Photographed the New Jersey Coastline from Sandy Hook to Bay Head on Saturday and will be shooting more today until evacuated. Pre-Storm Photos and Preparation can be found here:

Hurricane Sandy Photos Click Here !

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 10-28-2012, 10:35 AM
Registered

Tim, what are those sheds small apartments?
Old 10-28-2012, 10:56 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

At first they looked like sheds to me. Once I saw everything that was in them it was more like a little cottage. Refrigerator , mini kitchen and a shower.

These are lined up on the beach at a Private Beach Club.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.