Notices

JAYL13 what's the news?

Old 07-15-2002, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just call Bob, he'll know what you need. He already told me for $75 = complete kit.....out the door.
Old 07-15-2002, 01:22 PM
Registered

Originally posted by formula31
http://www.boatfix.com/engsections/m...l.pdf#zoom=125
bottom of page 414, takes a little while to load.

18-3150 or merc number 46-807151A14

Much cheaper through Boatfix.
Beat me to it, I was going to recommend Boatfix - George seems to have the lowest prices on the "normal" parts, and tech support is just a phone call away. And George will be the one to answer the phone, 9 times out of 10. Good people...
Old 07-15-2002, 01:41 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Jay hear is the deal. Take your hose and just put it directly into the hose that the water pump outlet was hooked up to, use hose clamps to tighten it down. Now you can run water through the engine. Then you can start the motors and get them all hooked up. If you get all the motors running that way let me know. I will send you my spare pump just to get ya going for a while if you get them up and running.

Jon
Old 07-15-2002, 01:53 PM
Registered

worst case you can use mine for the time being since my motor
took a dump. it'll save Jon the trouble of shipping one too
very cool though, its always nice to know people are willing to help

Russ
Old 07-15-2002, 05:46 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

Originally posted by Jayl13
does anyone have a part number for this so I can call someone about it and get the right one?
Thanks
Jason
Jason, just take your old stuff to any Merc dealer to make sure they have the right kit for you. Very common item that all dealers stock. Just tell them that that you need a sea pump/ impellor kit for a Bravo 1. I think all the kits are the same. Should be 80-100 bucks.

Last edited by Griff; 07-15-2002 at 05:50 PM.
Old 07-15-2002, 05:56 PM
Allan4

Dude.............................................. .................................................. ............................go throw a few expensive tools into the woods........ That always makes me feel better....as you know

Old 07-16-2002, 07:57 AM
Registered

I was tool tossing through this whole process alan!!!!
Problem is I could not find any more 9/16ths sockets and wrenches for some things and that was getting me even more pissed off.
Im going to beg the wife to order one today
Maybe this will be the last of the GOD **MN F***ING PAIN IN THE A$$ SON OF A *ITCH CRAPPY $HIT that can go wrong and we can finally get this thing fired up, broken in and in the water for her first test run and see if anything else is leaking and how she runs
Im shooting for this sunday, (taking saturday and going over EVERYTHING with a fine tooth comb and making sure every nut and bolt is tight, and all belts, hoses are tight, ect)
Wish me luck beggin the wife
Jason
Old 07-19-2002, 08:58 AM
Registered

Well Folks
Looks like if I bust my ass on Friday night (tonight) and Saturday morning and early afternoon, I might MIGHT be able to take her out for a quickie test run
Probably go out for about 30-60 minutes and just do circles around the inlet to the marina and see if anything is leaking, or rattling or making noises that it should not but I think my brothers im there, and im ready to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exhaust is all welded up, installed and nice and tight, Sea water pump rebuild kit and housing being picked up today after work (thanks Mark)
just oil changes again, set timing again, and see if this tub is going to sink or swim baby!!!!
Jason
Old 07-19-2002, 09:05 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Good luck man we are all pulling for you!!! Run her on the hose for a while first. Also DO NOT forget to break in the cam. Good luck with the work and test. Take your time and make sure you did not miss anything.

Make sure you have

Fluid in the drives
oil in the motors
water getting to your water pump
Charged up batteries
working bilge pumps
working VHF and Cell Phone
Anchor and line
Life Jackets
Props on and tight
All starter bolts and exhaust bolts and riser bolts and intake bolts are all tight.
After you start it and get it warmed up make sure your intake and exhaust bolts did not loosen up.
Take your time and make sure you are not missing anything. DO not get to excited just try and keep your emotions in check

Jon
Old 07-19-2002, 09:10 AM
Registered

You got it bro
And you dont forget to take pics of Kurts Baja for me this weekend when you head up there.
I have never seen it and would like to.
Also, ask him if he wants to sell the big cover for it or not.
My cockpit cover split right up the middle from the transom up to the windshield cause of the morons at the marina never used a prop rod
Thanks man
WOOHOO
Jason

Quick Reply: JAYL13 what's the news?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.