Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Gull Island-Thursday boat nights back? >

Gull Island-Thursday boat nights back?

Notices
View Poll Results: Will you be there Thursday night/what kind of boat?
yes/no
85.71%
boat make/h.p.
14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Gull Island-Thursday boat nights back?

Old 07-22-2002, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you 2 jokers trying to say I like my beer?
Old 07-22-2002, 05:00 PM
Fast Frank

This Thursday is looking Good!
We try to get out there by 5:00 usually 6:00 at the latest, buzz shoreline by Metro and then meet up at Gull Island

so far, 3 or 4 42'-Fountains 2-47-Fountains a few 29's, 32's, 35's Eliminator cats' where are you? (sre)

The "Wild Child" should be done (hopefully)

26scarab-I work with Chris Joiner and have been trying to help him out on this (with ViciousOne, Sparky)

Advantage_Rob-What cat are you talking about? Not the Redline at Sparkie's? I'll throttle it for you...Trust Me?

OG Outlaw 24- Email or call me and i can you specific directions.

Old 07-22-2002, 05:40 PM
mellyjo

Hey Milord, I don't think like is the word!

Old 07-22-2002, 10:25 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Fast Frank

so far, 3 or 4 42'-Fountains 2-47-Fountains a few 29's, 32's, 35's Eliminator cats' where are you? (sre)

Is there going to be anybody I can play with ?
I guess its time for some nitrious or a supercharger

Hopefully I can make it by 7:00. The weather forecast isn't looking very good either.
Old 07-23-2002, 09:11 AM
Registered

That's the redline, I've got someone lined up for a test ride some time this week, just waiting for the green light on it. My weekday schedule is full, but if I can make it I will. I just talked to Diveboy (Jon) and he's out of town for the next 9 days, and we swapped props for testing and he's got my 30's that work good on the advantage, the props I have are his 30's and they are not turning the r's like my 30's do. So I guess I'll bring a paddle to get the couple of extra rpm's. He waiting for some labbed 30 bravo's to come in, and we are both anxious to try them out. Sounds like a great night to watch a bunch of cool **** either way.
Old 07-23-2002, 09:24 AM
Fast Frank

Thumbs up

So i can line up some match races, how fast is the Scarab? What motors are in the Advantage? to spin some 30's you must be doing something right-
The weather didn't look good last week, but it cleared at 6:00 and stayed good until 10:00 or so, worked out perfect!

Old 07-23-2002, 09:37 AM
Registered

502 mags, bone stock. The 28 bravo's were all over the rev limiters, so I tried out a set of 30's and they worked awesome, so I bought a new set, and they were down on rpm's and didn't work as well as the ones I tried out, then Diveboy put HP500's in his sunsation, and got a set of 30's that were not letting him spin the rpm he wanted, so he tried mine, and they worked better for him. Now The labbed ones will tell all, and be the deciding factor on if I lab mine or not. I specified my x-dimention, and messed woth the drive tow-in for best speeds, and it works well, just fine tuneing, it picked up alot from when it was new. The one's I originally tried have been the best so far, they gave the best bow lift and highest speeds. They were a little dinged up, but they worked well, I'm consitering swapping my shiny new ones for those beat up ones, just cuz they work well, or sending mine to be labbed and talk with them about exactly what I want, ie, more rpm's and bowlift, but there are no promises with labbing, so who knows. The hull runs really flat, so additional bowlift really frees up the hull and lets it get better speeds.
Old 07-23-2002, 11:03 AM
Registered

Frank,
I'm just barely breaking 80 (GPS) , hopefully with the new lower it will be 82.
Old 07-23-2002, 11:44 AM
Fast Frank

Rob,
Have you tried any Hydromotive props? They seem to work well on all hulls that like positive trim. How fast is the Advantage?

Chuck,
Haven't tested that lower yet? Today looks like a great day, low humidity,temp etc....

Old 07-23-2002, 12:16 PM
Registered

The west coats thing frank, Cant explain it, The hull hates trim, and trimming up scrubs speed, It needs a prop that gives a natural bow lift without alot of positive trim, so more cup in the prop would be my first guess. Right now I'm right around 80 @ 4850-4900rpm with these (Jon's) props, With mine about 81-82 @ 5000-5050rpm's, and I got an 83.7 @ 5100 out of the one's I tried but dont own. I was running 81.7 with the 28's but all over the rev limiters(5150). Funny how 3 sets of bravo 1's out of the box have totally differen't characteristics, and speeds.

I'e tried every prop I can from 3 blade and 4 blade cleavers, hydromotives, bravo 1's, mirage, and the only one that works is the bravo 1. The hydromotive just blow's out totally (as do all but the bravo) and after fighting on plane after 10 tries was not as fast as the bravo, so I've narrowed it down to bravos, but now it's a matter of fine tuneing everything to my package, and there are no guarantees with any lab shop I've talked to, but they all promise you the world, that's for sure.

Last edited by Advantage_Rob; 07-23-2002 at 01:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Gull Island-Thursday boat nights back?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.