Notices

JBS Mystic for sale !!

Old 11-06-2012, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F4P, I was there the last time it delammed. I was standing there talking to Joe. They had no idea until a passer by in a wheelchair spotted it and pointed it out to one of the crew.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

"(ego I suspect)"
Now that is funny!
Old 11-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mystics that I know about:

1. Longlite/Geico - burned to water line
2. JBS - enuff said
3. Aquamania - Flipped in practive for KW in '09. Still racing...don't know of any other damage.
4. Cintron - no incidents that I know of
5. My Way - Hit a cruiser wake and pretty much fell apart. At least $250K to repair.
6. Bud Select/Bud Light/Nauti marine - Fastest piston boat. Don't recall any issues with this boat.
7. Fly Boy pleasure boat. Went up for sale
8. V-16 boat. Have not heard much about this one
9. newest pleasure boat(Red - says "MYSTIC" on the side). Built by a custom shop from bare hull. For sale the last I knew of it.

Last edited by Gladhe8er; 11-06-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain4play
MYWAY didn't delam he wrecked it after hitting a large wake at speed, those are two totally differernt types of damage. You take any of the boats manufactured today and stuff or flip them at anything above 130 and your going to have some sort of damage possibly catastrophic. JBS delamed during a race for some reason (ego I suspect) they kept running it until it was totally trashed. That boat while it looks good is not one that if I had the money would ever consider buying after seeing how the owner treated it and continually trashed the manufacturer. I would however buy a Mystic if I had the coin, they are without a doubt one of the best looking boats out there... just my $0.02
I watched Alcone MotorSports (40 Skater) trip stuff and rollover coming into the harbor in KW at 130-140....they finished the race. Only cosmetic damage. And that was a race, not a Poker Run on a river. All I gotta say lol
Old 11-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It probably didn't help My Way IV, when it tipped to the one side after hitting the wake, that the engine hatch gets all deformed like this: http://www.performanceboats.com/atta...1&d=1315462831

Doesn't do much for keeping water from blasting into the engine compartment at 190 mph.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by teamsynergy
lol... you said empire...
got me on that one !!!! guess I should have said cluster f**k.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
Mystics that I know about:

1. Longlite/Geico - burned to water line
2. JBS - enuff said
3. Aquamania - Flipped in practive for KW in '09. Still racing...don't know of any other damage.
4. Cintron - no incidents that I know of
5. My Way - Hit a cruiser wake and pretty much fell apart. At least $250K to repair.
6. Bud Select/Bud Light/Nauti marine - Fastest piston boat. Don't recall any issues with this boat.
7. Fly Boy pleasure boat. Went up for sale
8. V-16 boat. Have not heard much about this one
9. newest pleasure boat(Red - says "MYSTIC" on the side). Built by a custom shop from bare hull. For sale the last I knew of it.
The bud select boat is fine never any hull trouble
V-16 boat is the fastest natural aspirated boat out there
On the fly boy boat the guy previously owned a fountain with 575's and went with a 50 cat with turbines for a first cat might be a bit much for a first cat??
On may way it doesn't matter if it was a mystic,skater, or mti at that speed and hitting a 52ft cruiser wave it will do some damage.
Brett
Old 11-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey! The formula for ram water pressure is velocity squared in MPH x .0147. 200 x 200 x.0147 = 588 psi. Go build something that is light enough to go 200, and strong enough to stand 588 psi. We tried half that speed with plywood, and the Coast Guard threatened to ticket us for littering.........
Old 11-07-2012, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
Hey! The formula for ram water pressure is velocity squared in MPH x .0147. 200 x 200 x.0147 = 588 psi. Go build something that is light enough to go 200, and strong enough to stand 588 psi. We tried half that speed with plywood, and the Coast Guard threatened to ticket us for littering.........
LOL! Classic

You got one owner that bad mouths mystic (JBS). You'd be mislead of you didn't consider the source. Guy bad mouths everything.

Cosker is the only one that actually builds a boat purposely built to go over 200 mph. While not everyones opinions are the same, dogging mystic is foolish. Cosker is a naval architect with specific studies in high speed design. No R&D? Please. Guys been doing R&D for 20 years while working with and for various industry leaders and having direct input on the builds of countless boats besides the boats he's built through mystic. You guys are only pointing out a few huge cats he's built. He's actually built numerous boats, building some of the worlds most spectacular yachts and high speed boats to date.

Not to mention, he's one heck of a nice guy.

Last edited by thisistank; 11-07-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
What a mess the JBS empire has become.
Originally Posted by teamsynergy
lol... you said empire...
Originally Posted by Interceptor
got me on that one !!!! guess I should have said cluster f**k.
Fred Sanford had an empire.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.