Notices

JBS Mystic for sale !!

Old 11-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that when you look at it as a whole, The boats are built for different purposes, Mystic is a go fast, They are not built to take a beating like a Skater. Skater's are more built than Mystic's, I agree with Johnny there. And I as well will take a Skater over the Mystic. I also want to take nothing away from Mystic. They are a great boat. But when you're talking about JBS's Mystic, all bets are off. Just watch the video on youtube of their "reality" show. There were parts of the video where their sitting in Cosker's office saying " just slap the thing together, we can't wait another week. Or when their in the office of Turbine Marine saying, "Just have a guy go back there with a screwdriver to start the engine." If that's how you want your stuff then fine, but you can't expect to sell it for anything close to what it's worth.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Added to what Pete said, there is probably less RnD involved in building a 50 Mystic turbine than a 50 Skater right now, only because Mystic has built..what...5 now? And 5 have had delam issues. One completely blew apart in a POKER RUN on a RIVER. Ill take the Skater...
I agree, you hit the nail on the head. Unfortunately unless I grow a money tree in my backyard I do not have such a decision to make whether to own a Mystic or Skater turbine powered boat. I am and always have been a Skater fan.

As far as JBS goes, money comes, money goes....I guess it is gone at this point.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

John and Peter are two of the finest characters ever to build a boat. I takes big balls to build a boat to go that fast, and neither one takes that responsibility lightly. I really dislike the armchair architects who have never built s**t dissing the work of a genius.........
Old 11-27-2012, 12:06 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
John and Peter are two of the finest characters ever to build a boat. I takes big balls to build a boat to go that fast, and neither one takes that responsibility lightly. I really dislike the armchair architects who have never built s**t dissing the work of a genius.........
Brownie,
Well said, I don't Peter personally, but I do know Cosker, and he is 1 of the most stand-up guys anyone could meet.
Dean
Old 11-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Registered

I was curious to know what the differences are between the uber cats (mystic,skater,Mti, nor tech) and what speeds would a 50 skater with same turbines as myway or aquamania reach....when my crashed do you think the skater would pulled through or suffered the same fate

QUOTE=Coryc;3814273]I think that when you look at it as a whole, The boats are built for different purposes, Mystic is a go fast, They are not built to take a beating like a Skater. Skater's are more built than Mystic's, I agree with Johnny there. And I as well will take a Skater over the Mystic. I also want to take nothing away from Mystic. They are a great boat. But when you're talking about JBS's Mystic, all bets are off. Just watch the video on youtube of their "reality" show. There were parts of the video where their sitting in Cosker's office saying " just slap the thing together, we can't wait another week. Or when their in the office of Turbine Marine saying, "Just have a guy go back there with a screwdriver to start the engine." If that's how you want your stuff then fine, but you can't expect to sell it for anything close to what it's worth.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by paintman; 11-27-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:18 PM
Banned

I believe all but 1 of the mystics have had delamination problems, they are an awesome lightweight race boat but unlike the skater not built for rough offshore racing, the layup schedule is just not the same as a skater.keep in mind the 50 mystic only has a 44' running surface.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 24 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexanlarry
I believe all but 1 of the mystics have had delamination problems, they are an awesome lightweight race boat but unlike the skater not built for rough offshore racing, the layup schedule is just not the same as a skater.keep in mind the 50 mystic only has a 44' running surface.
Please see post #35 above.............larry?
Old 11-28-2012, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Added to what Pete said, there is probably less RnD involved in building a 50 Mystic turbine than a 50 Skater right now, only because Mystic has built..what...5 now? And 5 have had delam issues. One completely blew apart in a POKER RUN on a RIVER. Ill take the Skater...
Not sure I agree with you here.. a little ill educated I'm afraid.

I have both.. Mystic and Skater BOTH have there flaws. Each work around the "sins" of the manufacturing process in there own way. I HAVE crawled around inside my MYSTIC when i rigged it with John Pompi.. the boats are built well. I have been in and out of a lot of skaters as well, They are also built well. I consider Pete Hledin and John Cosker to be friends of mine.. they both build nice boats.

Tom
Old 11-28-2012, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
LOL! Classic

You got one owner that bad mouths mystic (JBS). You'd be mislead of you didn't consider the source. Guy bad mouths everything.

Cosker is the only one that actually builds a boat purposely built to go over 200 mph. While not everyones opinions are the same, dogging mystic is foolish. Cosker is a naval architect with specific studies in high speed design. No R&D? Please. Guys been doing R&D for 20 years while working with and for various industry leaders and having direct input on the builds of countless boats besides the boats he's built through mystic. You guys are only pointing out a few huge cats he's built. He's actually built numerous boats, building some of the worlds most spectacular yachts and high speed boats to date.

Not to mention, he's one heck of a nice guy.
Very well Said.. pretty damn humble too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.