Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
21' Scout, making a comeback ! >

21' Scout, making a comeback !

Notices
View Poll Results: Should Maximo Powerboats have it's own spot on the "Owners" forum
yes
72.73%
no
27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

21' Scout, making a comeback !

Old 10-11-2015, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilV30
Special thanks goes out to Magnum Mark / Mr. Marine for making this all happen. Mark is an Apache enthusiast and was instrumental in getting the Defender 21
up to his testing ground Fond Du Lac Lake Winnebago, Wisconsin. Thank you Mark for all the help.

No thanks to JBonz. Come on Phil. Please don't leave him out. Looking good Jack. Miss you you bro.
Old 10-11-2015, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ItsPeanut
No thanks to JBonz. Come on Phil. Please don't leave him out. Looking good Jack. Miss you you bro.

God do I miss you bro!! Try to make contact this weekend.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:03 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ItsPeanut
God do I miss you bro!! Try to make contact this weekend.
You don't give me a chance Peanut. Seeing Jack was the high point of the trip and seeing his 21 Scout was an experience I will not soon forget. Jack has been the inspiration I have needed throughout these years building my boat. I remember tell him "we are making history today" Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't know of any other company building a boat from an original unaltered Apache mold. But anyways, Thank you Jack for making the trip and next time we have to take them out for spin.

The following users liked this post:
larslindroth (09-09-2023)
Old 10-14-2015, 04:52 AM
CMC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhilV30
Boat was tested & ran great. Came out of the hole & got on plane quickly. Tomorrow will continue prop testing. Any prop suggestions for a 200 Opti?
Try a 25 Trophy Plus
Old 10-31-2015, 02:26 AM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Sorry for the delay in response. I finally got a moment away to pen up a response.

P-nut, miss you to bro! Hope all is well across the pond. Give me a call in the am. Curios on how Halloween went with the boys. Jr wore Houston's blue monster costume again this year...
Old 10-31-2015, 03:26 AM
Registered

Phil,
No personal thanks are needed! Knowing you were in town just meant I needed to tow up. It was great to finally meet Maria and you in person. As always, anytime you can hang with the illustrious Magnum Mark, ya gotta roll with it!

In honesty, I hope anyone that is interested in a boat in this size range reaches out to you. You are a truly humble/honest man that is a breath of fresh air in the marine industry! No wonder why you have such a positive backing from Man, Bob S. I really feel the new composite construction techniques will bring new life into this design. I am really excited to hear the numbers once dialed in. For those interested, the first may be a "demo" boat but I assume those to come are a truly custom boat. I imagine any future builds are open to customer input.
Old 10-31-2015, 03:31 AM
Registered

I forgot to add one thing..,,, I truly hope the best for you Phil! It was great to discuss and see your heart in it!
Old 11-29-2015, 10:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thank you Jack, Wish we lived closer. We be great cruising around together with our classics, I know we'd turn lots of heads...
Old 11-29-2015, 10:50 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

She's come a long way from it's conception on Thunderboat Row - Miami to now. Didn't know what to expect but I'd say everyone was impressed, from the way she looked to how it performed.

Old 12-03-2015, 08:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

It was a Joint * Mission in Englewood Florida the weekend of November 20-22. Ken Bird and I were able to pull off a third place finish in the National points race, good enough for a trophy.
It was not easy for a stock pleasure boat to compete with the OPA Class 7 race boats but the Defender 21 Scout is not just any single outboard performance boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.