Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Should I go on TV interview for "American Greed"? (Local boat title scammer) >

Should I go on TV interview for "American Greed"? (Local boat title scammer)

Notices

Should I go on TV interview for "American Greed"? (Local boat title scammer)

Old 11-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Should I go on TV interview for "American Greed"? (Local boat title scammer)

I had a 20 year career selling to the auto manufacturers Tier 1 and 2. When I got out of the auto industry I was trying to figure out what I wan
ted to do next. I was made and offer and accepted
a position as General Manager of a local marina. A local hot shot named Michael Vorce had leased the marina and hired me to run it. After a short amount of time under his employ i started to get wind of some strange dealings and started to make a stink about a few of them. Well by the end of the summer i had resigned (I was asked to resign) I think I was getting to close to figuring out exactly what he was doing. Months later things started to catch up with Mike, and this dirt bag was all of a sudden under investigation for scamming many banks out of Millions ( i think the total was just shy of 30 million) He had financially ruining many companies and people. And took down a few banks for BIG MONEY. He was messing with the Marina books, and money, while I was there and it was getting obvious.

This clown is now doing a multi- year year prison sentence (see attached link for details )
I have been talking to the CNBC producers of th"American Greed" for the past couple of weeks and they are now committed to dedicating an episode on this scammer in late February 2013. I have been asked to be part of an on camera interview but not sure yet if I am willing to do that. I am happy however to share some in site with them since I traveled with Mike for business and had much communication for a short time with this scam artist.
The feds were already working a case on Mike in Michigan when Mike moved his scam operation to Chicago and Milwaukee. My friend Dave Patneaude was instrumental in catching Mike on his second set of crimes done in those cities. Dave has already agreed to do the TV show to address Mike's second set of felonies

So here is the question ---Should I do an on air interview?

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapi...mobRedir=false
Old 11-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 729 Likes on 326 Posts

Don't have much to offer regarding the TV show. On another note between the subject marina job, the Chief boat fiasco and the SOTW lawsuits you've had some exciting years recently.
ed
Old 11-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

love that show...go for it!
Old 11-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do it.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

As long as they don't leave pertenant information out when they do the editing. You don't want to be percieved as being part of the scam or leaving out information that put's you in a bad light. I'd say go for it if your confident that they will tell the story correctly. I am an "American Greed" junky and love the show, they seem to do a very good job documenting everything. Jim
Old 11-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Just be the guy that they put the grey block over your face ans disguise your voice. That always makes the guy in question look more sinister anyway!
Old 11-12-2012, 03:13 PM
Registered

I wouldn't do it, but that's just me.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Boatme:

You first want a FULL LIST of the EXACT questions they will ask you. The reason is you want to make sure the producers are not trying to paint you as an "accomplice " that slipped away. They may tell you they are going to ask you for background and bushwack you with questions that lead you into appearing complicit or "you should have known this.. or alerted authorities" etc. Sixty Minutes is famous for this...

Good intentions aside, this guy ruined alot of peoples lives by promising stuff, swindled them etc.

Don't become a victim by trying to do the right thing.

Wannabe
Old 11-12-2012, 03:23 PM
VIP Member

What's done is done...move forward. Don't revisit the past.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Registered

Yeah do it!
I love that show....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.