my 4 yr old's dillema

Old 07-16-2002, 08:10 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 07-16-2002, 08:30 AM
Registered

Well to be honest I was really never a big fan of children BUT , I've been dating a woman that has three (girl 6, two boys 8,11) and I've been changing my attitude allot.
I've been taking them on the boat , and I'm usually REALLY cautious (3200-3500rpm's) and they like it but have asked "can this go any faster?" it cracks me up

This weekend going into Muskamoot bay I ended up next to a 27 Fountain.... I just HAD to lay the smack down on him. So I yell "hold on" and run the boat up to 73-74mph spank the Fountain and then lift well the kids where like "can we do that again ?!?!?"
They truly are fearless at that age. They always say something to amuse me
Old 07-16-2002, 09:07 AM
GRH

There's a memory you can't buy.....

Old 07-16-2002, 09:58 AM
Registered

For those of you that don't have children this is the rewards a parent gets that you just can't put a price on. My son (8 year old) went ballistic over a 18' jet boat this weekend. We were all rafted up and this guy pulls up because he knew somebody who was with us....well my son went over and asked the guy if he could come aboard and then began to blast him with question after question and actually talked the guy into firing up the beast a couple of times and blowing a rooster for him I was sitting within earshot just to make sure he wasn't causing any problems and was blown away by his interest. Well when he was done he had to give me a report on his findings. He couldn't believe it didn't have a prop and the fact that the blower had flaps that opened and closed. The guy asked me later how he knew so much about boats and motors and I couldn't tell him. So I called my son over and asked him......he smiled at me and said, Speedvision! I was one proud dad
Old 07-16-2002, 10:08 AM
Registered

That's nice!!!
Old 07-16-2002, 12:36 PM
Registered

Location: Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!
Default Girls as gearheads?

We just had our first child (girl) about six weeks ago. I hope I can infect her properly with the motorhead virus. It will probably be tough - her mom will be working on her too with the shoes and the clothes! But if I can pull it off, imagine the looks she will get when she starts spouting off about big blocks and superchargers instead of barbies and doll houses! My wife will probably kill me! Of course, I will still want her to act like a girl, but imagine when she's older and takes her car into the shop, and the mechanics try to lay the same line of bull on her that they give to most of their female customers. Will they be in for a surprise!

Wish me luck!!