Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anybody with power sitting in your garage this 47 outerlimits gtx might be for you >

Anybody with power sitting in your garage this 47 outerlimits gtx might be for you

Notices

Anybody with power sitting in your garage this 47 outerlimits gtx might be for you

Old 11-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Kool-Aid Man
I did fork lift the engines in and out of your boat too!!!! hahaha....remember that
How can I forget! The good old days lol I miss the warehouse
Old 11-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And here are headers that will work....and look they are Joey's (a good friend of ours/fellow Chicago boater) and they're $6,500........hell all I need now is a driveline and tranny and can stick my own power in there...but will have to bump up to a bigger blower.

Last edited by Kool-Aid Man; 11-27-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kool-Aid Man
I have no skills in rigging a boat besides writing checks and running a fork lift to help put a motor in or out of a boat....and thats all.
Don't sell yourself short...you've got MAD skills typing on a Blackberry and handing tools into the bilge!
Old 11-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Don't sell yourself short...you've got MAD skills typing on a Blackberry and handing tools into the bilge!
Thats is true Mikey...I had forgot
Old 11-27-2012, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Do you have any engine compartment pics?
Eddie
Old 11-27-2012, 12:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Eddie
someone is giving this boat some thought
Old 11-27-2012, 01:06 PM
Registered

Eddie
Yes I do when I was cleaning it out before it went to Mitcher T's..the sea strainer are out as well because I planned on replacing....just like right now I'm replacing the trim pump hoses so you won't see them either.....the hatch is off in that pic so you'll see the rams on the sides and everything is somewhat pull up and to the sides because I was cleaning it.

Boats in Michigan...I'm in Chicago but I'm showing it Thursday so I'll get some pics then and post.
Attached Thumbnails Anybody with power sitting in your garage this 47 outerlimits gtx might be for you-bilge11.jpg  
Old 11-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Registered

Default Rigging price

A little off on the numbers if you are buying new. If you are going used, then you are pretty close.

1000+ hp engines (new) -$50,000-$100,00 each depending on what you get and who built it.
Bam drysump trannys(new)-5K each
Big tube Headers (new)-6K-7K each
Props (new)-9K-10k
Rigging and driveline prices are good.
Im certainly not dogging it. It's a gorgeous boat for a very good price. Wish I could swing it.
Good luck.
Eddie
So Eddie, your saying you would rig this boat to be water ready for $5000? Labor only, drop everything needed off with it at your business.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Banned

If you go used motors and parts 75-90k is realistic, and if you go new your looking at 140-160k, awesome boat, it will sell
Old 11-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Achmed666
So Eddie, your saying you would rig this boat to be water ready for $5000? Labor only, drop everything needed off with it at your business.
That was based on Kool Aid's initial statement that it just needs engines, trans, headers put in. If that's the case, then yes, i would do it for that. Hell, it would be less if that's all that needs to be done. However, I see in the pic that it doesn't have strainers, gimbles, drives, etc. He stated that some rigging was out for cleaning, so I'm not sure exactly what goes with it. If all of the rigging (strainers, plumbing for strainers, gimbles, etc) are included, then 5K would more than cover it. If it's a straight forward deal that just requires dropping in the engines, trans, exhaust and driveshaft, then I can't see it even going to 3K.

I just put a quote together for another project. It is a complete rigging of the engine compartment. That includes 4 strainers (2 for the engine, 2 for the intercoolers), all of their rigging (SS 1 1/4" ball valves, SS 1 1/4" fittings, all new hoses, etc), cool custom made billet flushing attachment, SS water dumps, SS water pickups, new fuel pumps, billet SS filter heads, all new fuel plumbing in AN hoses, replacing a few steering hoses, installing extension boxes, gimbles, drives, sc engines, etc. and it's only 15K in parts and labor. That doesn't include the purchase price of the boxes, gimbles, drives or engines, but it does include their installation and rigging. All the other parts mentioned are included in that price.That includes a ton of big SS fittings, a ton of black anodized AN fittings, well over 100 total feet of hose, the 4 strainers (they are over 3K alone),complete fuel system from tank to engine, rigging supplies, nuts,bolts, washers, etc. etc. etc.

So, to answer your question, yes I would do it for that.
Eddie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.