Notices

Paging Bruce Dudley....

Old 07-15-2002, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paging Bruce Dudley....

Bruce,

We need to talk ASAP, check your E-Mail !

DaBeezer
Old 07-15-2002, 06:00 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,815 Likes on 903 Posts

DaBeez, haven't seen you on the board for quite a while. Bruce has not been on the board at all since spring, except for a couple of posts. You should do a search using his screen name to see the thread.
Old 07-15-2002, 10:45 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

don't call him!!!! he is working on my engine!!!!!! Kook is al done and now its my turn hopefully it should be done tommorow or wednesday!!!!
Old 07-16-2002, 12:19 AM
Registered

Puder,
Don't hold your breath. He was supposed to do "everything" he could to help get me back on the water. After at least five emails and more than five voicemail messages, I still haven't heard from him. Hope he gets to your engine faster/better than he can help me get back on the water!!! Good Luck!!!
Old 07-16-2002, 08:00 AM
Registered

Thanks everybody for the help, especially Checkmate and Cord.

Bruce left me a message last night, we will see what's next.
Old 07-16-2002, 09:04 AM
Registered

Hmmm, he told me that he was finishing up both of my engines this week and would deliver them to LOTO on Friday. When I went and picked up my boat and parts 3 weeks ago he told me that after he delivered Kook's boat, my engines were the only piece of outstanding work he had left before going to work for someone else.
How many other promises has he made and will he be able to keep them all? Let's all hope so!!!
Old 07-16-2002, 01:23 PM
Registered

umm....yeah, i gave bruce $20,000 back in february-march to get started on a couple 540’s for me. that was to be about ½ of the bill and according to him he has already received all the parts, just needs time to assemble??? to tell the truth i am very scared ! but each time i have called him, he calls me back and assures me he is just running late and is not out to rip me off, just needs more time. i can under stand this, every thing takes longer than expected. wish i had my motors but it’s not detrimental to my health or mental stability. i have been monitoring kooks progress and am glad to see he has received his boat, i wish he would post more info on how his project turned out. i don’t know what to think? this whole thing with bruce just doesn’t make sense. i had red bruce’s posts on oso for almost 2 years, it always seemed like he had is $hit together & now he’s totally a different person? don’t know what to think about him! i don’t mind him being late, but i’ve worked 72hr weeks and eaten top-roman noodles for more than 2 years to pay for these motors and if i get ripped off I AM GOING TO BE ONE PISSED OFF M/F WITH REVENGE, that’s 2 years of my life gone!

i don’t know why but i still don’t believe bruce is going to rip me off. BUT if any one has more info on him i would be very interested no mater how insignificant it is.

dean campbell
cell = 801-201-5856
12952 S. 1420 W.
riverton ut. 84065
Old 07-16-2002, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dean: To my knowledge, he has done nothing to suggest he is a thief. All of the criticism on the board the past few months has been about his project management skills (completing his work on time), not about him ripping anyone off for money. He doen't appear to be motivated by money. In Dave's case, Bruce had sub-contractors screw him, and he compounded the problem with bad judgement, but that is not stealing. Personally, he's only let me pay him for parts and machining on the one engine he's had since last fall. The second engine, which was not as extensive, he's done work on it and not yet accepted any money. (I've been offering to pay him in hopes it will speed things up).

Bruce has received a lot of bad press here lately, some of it very justified. So I want to weigh in with one of my experiences: Last fall when delivering my first engine to him, he came in on a Sunday, sick-as-a-dog, just to receive it. Broke into a feaverish sweat taking the flywheel off to put the engine on the stand. The following day he called me to his shop to show the broken parts of the engine. Watching him move around the engine and explaining how it should be was memorable. Seeing someone so good at what they do, do it, is a joy.

Putter, Water Bum, Cord: I know you guys want to be next, just like I do. My boat's been down for 11 months, 13 days, 5 hours, and 53 minutes. But who's counting. I'd only owned it for a few months and gotten to use it three times before the engine crapped out. After loosing confidence in the marina's shop, I hired Bruce for all the reasons Dean mentioned. He's had a strong run of bad luck, and is a one-man shop. Doesn't even have a flunky to run errands for him. What should take an hour ends up taking all day. Just keep telling yourselves that in the end it will be worth it. (Goodness knows that has become my mantra). I look forward to trouble-free boating with everyone of you with our high-quality Bruce engines.

And Bruce, I wish you some good luck -- you need it. Let me know what I can do to help you complete my boat. Would sure love to use it a fourth time.
Old 07-16-2002, 03:12 PM
Registered

thanks chart. 11 months without a boat... man thats tough! does that mean bruce is more than a year behind schedual?
i will keep in touch.
Old 07-16-2002, 03:20 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Originally posted by Chart
[b
Putter, Water Bum, Cord: I know you guys want to be next, just like I do. [/B]
Sorry, but I cut in line. Actually, the engine was delivered several weeks ago for the agreed amount and it's as specified.

Quick Reply: Paging Bruce Dudley....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.