Notices

Kook flipped boat?

Old 07-16-2002, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I here what your saying about seeing your friend and feeling VERY responcible for his condition. I was involved in a serious boat accident in 1987 where I went nose to nose with a boat that was traveling 70 mph and i was doing 50 mph. This guy went over the top of me and the bow of his boat hit my buddy square in the head. I went forward on impact into the dash and wheel and its a good thing i did because i took a 32" 4 blade cleaver to my back. My boat hooked in the water after impact and my friend got stuffed into the cabin. I thought he went over board and was frantic trying to find him all he while the other people got ejected and the boat was running around wide open doing circles around me with no one in it !!! finally I heard my friend gurgle alittle and relized he was in the boat and somewhat alive. I put a life jacket on him and wited for help which came about an hour later. They gave him his last rights in the ER but pulled thru . I wasnt a good feeling. The meat wagon that took me to the hospital that night got into a big wreck and damned near killed me again. It was a night Ill NEVER forget.

Bob
Old 07-16-2002, 05:40 PM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Mark, First off I am glad you and your friend are going to be ok. I was only relaying what I had heard from a friend and I should have known better to wait and find out from you but I was concerned and wanted to find out what was going on since we haven't heard from you. Hope everything gets back to normal and get a bigger boat for that engine .
ps.Been there done that.
Old 07-16-2002, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Kook. Everything will be OK. I had the same thing happen snomobiling. My buddy was in front of me and hit a sled head on. He was in a coma for 4 days and woke up wondering HOW I WAS. He came out fine and we both have a different outlook on life and speed. Just keep praying, as we all will, and you will be able to look back on this as a humbling experience. As some Baja folks would say: Speed Changes You. Good luck and visit often. It was me who started talking to my buddy that started him talking again. The doctors could not believe it. They said he was quiet as a mouse until I kept visiting and talking to him. That was a daily 8 hour round trip. It was worth it. I get chills just thinking of it. I think I will drive real slow home tonight.
Old 07-16-2002, 05:43 PM
Registered

Kook for what it is worth ? **** happens.. we are wishing the best for your friend and yourself....things like this could happen to any one of us at any time...hang in there .... Mark -
Old 07-16-2002, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Kook: Wishing the best for youre friend........
Old 07-16-2002, 05:46 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Kook,
Hang in there man.. I am glad to hear that it isnt as bad as first suspected.. I am sorry to hear that your friend was hurt. Hopefully he will recover with out problems..

I managed a similar accident about 6yrs ago, although the passenger was not hurt, but I was. It takes a long time to heal mentally and physically from such a deal. So we will all be pulling for you and your friend, I hope the best for both of you..
Just take it one day at a time and it will work out.

Dick
Old 07-16-2002, 05:51 PM
Registered

Unhappy

Sorry to hear about this..Best wishes for you and your friend
Old 07-16-2002, 05:59 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Kook, get well soon and wish your friend my best wishes.
Old 07-16-2002, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

jeez kook, I feel for you man, I hope everything turns out well with your friend. I'm sure he knows it wasnt your fault.

I hope you and your friend get better soon so you can BOTH get back in the saddle!
Old 07-16-2002, 06:18 PM
Registered

Kook... Glad to hear you are ok.. Sorry to hear about your freind.. Wish him a fast recovery!

Travis

Quick Reply: Kook flipped boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.