Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
So the wife and I are working on our bills when I say....... >

So the wife and I are working on our bills when I say.......

Notices

So the wife and I are working on our bills when I say.......

Old 01-16-2013, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Shower, bathroom, and air conditioning. No room for that in the 24.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good looking OB boat. seams like would fit you bill great.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

I don't by the "Alot of peps hot on it' . Let em stew Gary then go buy it from him for a song. I'm toying with selling the cat and going back to a Velocity again, this time a 30', myself.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 1,786 Likes on 703 Posts
Default Agreed.

Originally Posted by bulletbob
I don't by the "Alot of peps hot on it' . Let em stew Gary then go buy it from him for a song. I'm toying with selling the cat and going back to a Velocity again, this time a 30', myself.
He called again last night but didn't leave a message. Was going to send him a smart ass e-mail this morning but think I'll leave it lay for now. I wonder if they're smart enough to know it's too old to get financed too meaning cash buyer only and I don't see many people in the market for that boat with $20K in their pocket. Ton's of potential but know it would be a pig. Probably 10+ slower than a twin O/B 30' Velocity but 100% more cabin space.
I'd like to get a chance to really look closely at the cabin of a 30' Velocity though. Have had 2 chances at projects over the last couple mnths. I think I remember it being quite a bit smaller than my 24' Sonic but if it's a restoration........, I wonder how much I could improve on it??

Last edited by Twin O/B Sonic; 01-17-2013 at 06:49 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm not a fan of the V birth in My 30 Velocity. Not much "stacking" room with the flat deck. I had more room in my 23 CCraft Scorpion. Overall I love the boat but the bed sux. The couches, closet/head area are great but the bed is like crawling into a coffin.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Underdog88
I'm not a fan of the V birth in My 30 Velocity. Not much "stacking" room with the flat deck. I had more room in my 23 CCraft Scorpion. Overall I love the boat but the bed sux. The couches, closet/head area are great but the bed is like crawling into a coffin.
I use to make the Stacked person, put her head out of the hatch. haha
Old 01-17-2013, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

It's funny he called you. lol. There definately isn't any headroom in a Velocity. The only reason I would want a 30 would be to handle bigger water. My 26' Thouroughbred "Velocity" had a 6'2" v berth. I'm 6'2" and I swear I couldn't roll over or even attempt to get busy in that berth. It was a joke. Steve built those boats for speed first, second and getting out of the weather third.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

The hatch is too far aft. I've thought about adding a second over the berth. Might ease the clostophobia as well Love the boat and spent many nights on her w/wife and dog. Everything's a compromise in life. Couldn't run 80's in the ol CCraft.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:51 PM
Registered

Received 1,786 Likes on 703 Posts

Went and looked at the Sonic today........, actually a J & R Custom which they did not know was Jay Ross of Sonic.

Boat was about what I expected.

Was a really neat boat in its day. The cabin was way cool. W/the center section that pulled out from under the vee birth, you could have another couple over night on the boat. It's actually bigger than the vee birth. The settee's are at least 6' long so you can stretch all the way out on them and they have a curve to them that makes them very comfortable.
The galley had an ice box, sink and a place for a small stove. No stand up head room but you can sit on the settee right beside it and cook away
The head was fully enclosed w/a shower. I'm 5'9" and my head cleared but barely. You could sit on the head and thump one, shave and shower w/o moving Well, you couldn't move. Still cool for that size boat.
It was rigged very well but appeared to be orig. 1988 everything and needed re-done.
Compression was excellent on both motors too.
The wrap on the hull looks good from 10' away but closer you could see the stripes in the orig. gel under it and showing through. On a triple axle, aluminum trailer w/brakes on all three.
Ton's of potential for someone that wants a project but I'm afraid thats not me. IMO, it needs a full re-rig. The thing is absolutely huge compared to mine too and would drastically change everything.
I came home really liking my 24
Guess I'll pass unless the owner really wants to move it where I could afford to keep mine while redoing that one. Also, the owner told me 75 MPH (which I knew was bogus) and one of his crew told me 60!

A little tid bit is the owner also owns the 33' Powerplay w/triple 300X's and it was parked right beside it. He also bought a 32' Doug Wright and says they're going racing and appears to have the jing to do it right.

Last edited by Twin O/B Sonic; 01-25-2013 at 04:55 PM.