Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Svl 2013 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/288912-svl-2013-a.html)

TYPHOON 12-15-2012 03:52 PM

Svl 2013

Sounds like some new manufactures are looking at the SVL class. I do have one concern looking at the rules of all the orgs. The total length of a SVL is differant in the orgs.
OPA 30'
OSS/APBA 30'
SBI 32'
Being that there are no current SVL boats over the 30' why would there be a reason to have a 32' length in SBI? Can you imagine if a builder shows up with a 32' boat in SVL. These are called class killers. History has proven this over and over. Thoughts?

GoFastSonic 12-15-2012 03:56 PM

sounds like current svl owners who make up the class need to make a decesion before that happens

Mike

F1-00 Racing 12-15-2012 04:24 PM

Maybe the new boats are not being made for OPA? A possible solution would be to rename your class, "A class" cause well, isnt that what you guys boats were made for in reality?

DPT MOTORSPORTS 12-15-2012 04:32 PM

If my memory serves me correct the original max length for SVL was 32 if I recall. I could be wrong but remember seeing that in a rule book years back. I think it was APBA LLC's rule book. Miklos I am sure could clarify that. What companies are building new boats???

F1-00 Racing 12-15-2012 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS (Post 3832500)
If my memory serves me correct the original max length for SVL was 32 if I recall. I could be wrong but remember seeing that in a rule book years back. I think it was APBA LLC's rule book. Miklos I am sure could clarify that. What companies are building new boats???

I am pretty sure you are right DPT, but as all classes in offshore(no matter the letters on the flag that flies over them) have proven over history, they made the rules self serving in order to protect their own assets instead of thinking of the possibility of new technology and/or future growth

Xtremeracing 12-15-2012 04:50 PM

SBl rules have alway been 32ft. wth the new boats that are beng built it opens the class up to new manufactures. SBl is also looking at class name change not to confuse the fans with 2 different SVL's.
As l said in another post we are looking at different motor options for the futhure.

You cant design a class with rules for one type boat design.

TYPHOON 12-16-2012 11:02 AM

If they do build new boats at 32' then it should be a NEW class all together IMO. Length is KING. My guess is that in years past most didnt think you could build a boat 32' at current weight 4750 lbs. New materials now allow it to happen.
PS: I started this in the wrong section. If someone wants to move it to the racing section I understand. Sorry

Xtremeracing 12-16-2012 11:39 AM

Nothing has changed it was always 32ft l think some changed were made receptly to design the class to certain boats.

Xtremeracing 12-16-2012 11:48 AM

l beleive the new Bandit 310 is a 31ft and fits in the SBl rules.