Notices

Precision Marine la

Old 12-21-2012, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark is a great guy!!! Wish he would build some outboards.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:02 AM
Registered

I've met Mark, but have not personally done business with him. However, a few people I know have, and they have been very pleased. One guy I know will not use anyone else other than them. He will pull his boat 5-6 hours to have them do the work rather than 15-20 minutes to have someone else do it.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I too had heard good things about Mark mostly from Doc Holiday and Dustin Whipple. So I loaded my Whipplecharged 525efi in the back of my truck and drove 14hrs to his place. BIG MISTAKE!! Can you say back yard mechanic and to compare Mark to Eddie Young, ARE you serious??
I am not saying he can't do good work but I was the 1 in 10 customers that got the sh*t job.
I do have pics of all the things that had to be fixed including blown head gasket first time boat was in water and both oil pans leaking, oh yeah it goes on & on. Said he would fine tune engines with boat in water at LOTO, stood me up twice. 1st time did return my call & the second would not even answer my calls.
As I said earlier Mark isn't even a pimple on Eddie Youngs ass in the marine world.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ozarkdevil
I too had heard good things about Mark mostly from Doc Holiday and Dustin Whipple. So I loaded my Whipplecharged 525efi in the back of my truck and drove 14hrs to his place. BIG MISTAKE!! Can you say back yard mechanic and to compare Mark to Eddie Young, ARE you serious??
I am not saying he can't do good work but I was the 1 in 10 customers that got the sh*t job.
I do have pics of all the things that had to be fixed including blown head gasket first time boat was in water and both oil pans leaking, oh yeah it goes on & on. Said he would fine tune engines with boat in water at LOTO, stood me up twice. 1st time did return my call & the second would not even answer my calls.
As I said earlier Mark isn't even a pimple on Eddie Youngs ass in the marine world.
\WOW interesting at best
Old 12-21-2012, 05:40 PM
Registered

No bone to pick with you, But what year was this ? That you wen't to them ? Just asking. I have large respect for both Eddie an Mark. Artie
Old 12-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

While I really appreciate the vote of confidence, ya'll please don't turn this thread into a comparison to Mark and I. I've already stated that the original poster would be in good hands if he sent his stuff to Mark to dyno and tune. If I didn't have respect for Mark and what he does, I wouldn't have made a post at all. There are only a few shops that I would recommend for work, and he is one of them.

We all have our followers, good and bad. Let's keep this about what the OP asked. I'm sure that everyone on hear that owns a business has at least one or more customers that aren't happy.
Thanks,
Eddie
Old 12-21-2012, 07:35 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Young Performance
While I really appreciate the vote of confidence, ya'll please don't turn this thread into a comparison to Mark and I. I've already stated that the original poster would be in good hands if he sent his stuff to Mark to dyno and tune. If I didn't have respect for Mark and what he does, I wouldn't have made a post at all. There are only a few shops that I would recommend for work, and he is one of them.

We all have our followers, good and bad. Let's keep this about what the OP asked. I'm sure that everyone on hear that owns a business has at least one or more customers that aren't happy.
Thanks,
Eddie
Great post Eddie. Respect. Artie
Old 12-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Registered

Mark is one of the best. Very honest guy.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:49 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by akaboatman
No bone to pick with you, But what year was this ? That you wen't to them ? Just asking. I have large respect for both Eddie an Mark. Artie
I brought my motors to Mark in April 2009 and picked them up August 2009. Ran boat once in (I think) October 2009, blew head gasket, put boat on trailer, winterized it & it sat until April 2010.

Originally Posted by Young Performance

Thanks,
Eddie
Eddie , your post says "original poster would be in good hands if he sent his stuff to Mark to dyno and tune". I agree with you, he can run a dyno & I believe it is honest HP #'s but he did a crap job on my rebuilds. The OP asked if anyone has had a motor rebuilt & dynoed not tuned & dynoed as you give him credit for.
As far as unhappy customers goes I said in my post " I was probably the 1 in 10 customers that got the crap job.
Baja27 was asking if anyone here has had there engines rebuilt & dynoed and wanted feed back. I stated my experience with Precision marine as asked by Baja27 & my opinion will never change.
If anybody thinks I am making all this up just PM me, I have a ton of pics.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:10 PM
skater brother
Platinum Member

WOW you are the 1st person i ever heard talk bad about mark maybe the problem was you. I think you are telling half the truth about your experance wt mark js . i also can tell you if mark doesnt answer he WILL call you back. i hope you have a merry christmas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.