Like Tree0Likes

Dealer won't fund Factory, Need Advice

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 07:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boat: None, but paid for one! Beware of Frisini / Sonic / Arrow Powerboats

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst View Post
Who is holding the title for the boat and I presume the trailer, I have never seen a bank loan money on something and not put their name on the title, that secures their interest in the matter, I feel for ya, in the end the guy who bought your old boat might be holding the short straw.
In Ny the customer holds the title. Sometimes the titles get through motor vehicle without the lien getting put on. Rare but it does happen. I owned the trailer from my previous Nor-Tech. I do hope the new owner sees this thread TODAY!!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:51 AM
S.O.B (single O/B) now
Platinum Member

Let the dealer and new Nortech owner (if possible) know you are still the legal owner of the Nortech and will report it stolen if things don't happen quickly....only make this threat if you are willing to do so but I feel you should. This gets the authorities involved AND keeps you from incurring huge legal bills.

I have no idea if the cops would push further once they get the facts of the sale/etc but you'd get peoples attention.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by t500hps View Post
Let the dealer and new Nortech owner (if possible) know you are still the legal owner of the Nortech and will report it stolen if things don't happen quickly....only make this threat if you are willing to do so but I feel you should. This gets the authorities involved AND keeps you from incurring huge legal bills.

I have no idea if the cops would push further once they get the facts of the sale/etc but you'd get peoples attention.
I have looked into it and unfortunately it isn't stolen. I hope this thread introduces me to the buyer. Thanks for the reply.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:04 AM
Registered

My Boat: 2005 cigarette top gun

do you know the vin# of your old nortech ?
Old 12-19-2012, 08:10 AM
Registered

My Boat: 2008 DCB F32

This is an OUT RIGHT SHAME! And unfortunately not the first time I have heard of such things coming from Tim / OCM. I would first find the owner of your NorTech & tell him the whole situation. Second I would inform both cities that Tim / OCM does business in that they have a lowlife crook on there hands doing business in there communities. Third file better business reports within both cities. Fourth send official letters to both city mangers stating the complete situation. Pressure Tim like no other!!!! Make him dread to hear your name everyday until he follows through on his end of the deal!!! Fight the POS from every angle!!!! And last but not least, spread the word to the boating world to never under any circumstance use Oregon Custom Marine! Tim is the type of person we don't need in the boating world!
Old 12-19-2012, 08:12 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

My Boat: 2000 36 OUTLAW SOLD SHOPPING

Smells like a National Marine type deal
Old 12-19-2012, 08:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by akaboatman View Post
do you know the vin# of your old nortech ?
I'm on the road today but can post it tonite Artie.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:14 AM
Registered

My Boat: DCB F-30 w/400s & Fairline 42

Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Thanks for the response! I will make some calls today. I think they are selling DCB's also.
Find out if they are reselling or actually selling "new build" DCB's.
If they are reselling used or traded in DCB's, not sure what Dave could do.

If they are selling "new build" DCB's, Dave at DCB would not be happy. My experience with DCB on my build was fantastic. The issues your going through are just 1 of the reasons when I decided to build new, I went direct. I also traded in a boat, which they sold for me and applied the sales proceeds to the balance for the build.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:14 AM
Registered

My Boat: Hustler 388 Slingshot, 2007

Chuck, please drop me a PM, i have information for you
Old 12-19-2012, 08:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by NMBullet View Post
This is an OUT RIGHT SHAME! And unfortunately not the first time I have heard of such things coming from Tim / OCM. I would first find the owner of your NorTech & tell him the whole situation. Second I would inform both cities that Tim / OCM does business in that they have a lowlife crook on there hands doing business in there communities. Third file better business reports within both cities. Fourth send official letters to both city mangers stating the complete situation. Pressure Tim like no other!!!! Make him dread to hear your name everyday until he follows through on his end of the deal!!! Fight the POS from every angle!!!! And last but not least, spread the word to the boating world to never under any circumstance use Oregon Custom Marine! Tim is the type of person we don't need in the boating world!
i wish I knew that before I made a deal. Thanks for all the great suggestions!

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser