Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fun Run video of my 25' Eliminator Daytona >

Fun Run video of my 25' Eliminator Daytona

Notices

Fun Run video of my 25' Eliminator Daytona

Old 12-21-2012, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

You may just want to try a five blade before going with a standard length drive. Or just have your prop worked...Easier and less expensive. Just throwing it out there. Unless your boat crabs I don't see the need to go deeper. I would think the porpous would be more related to the prop than the depth.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:35 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and merry Christmas to all! I hope to make some poker runs this coming season to meet some of you fellow powerboaters and making LOTO shootout 2013 to run all the balls I got! Need to get my drive dialed in and a few other things this winter....hoping for 130+

Originally Posted by bulletbob
Welcome Reece to OSO. I have a 25 Talon with outboards. They are a blast. Merry Christmas.
Ahhh nice Bob I love those Talons and I bet yours screams with those twin 280's!

Originally Posted by 86RedRocket
Sweet ride. I'll be on the look out for it if I get it to Lake Hamilton/Ouachita this coming year.
Thanks and if you ever do make it to Ouachita/Hamilton next season holler at me for sure and we will hook up!

Originally Posted by CLA
Awesome.

I've got a ICC 25 with an ilmor. Great boats arnt they?!
Sounds like an awesome reliable setup you got ....are you running the 625 or 710 illmor?
Old 12-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by JRider
You may just want to try a five blade before going with a standard length drive. Or just have your prop worked...Easier and less expensive. Just throwing it out there. Unless your boat crabs I don't see the need to go deeper. I would think the porpous would be more related to the prop than the depth.
I was thinking the same thing but it actually starts porpoising and "crabbing" a little bit as well. Its usually when I let off the throttle a little at higher speeds. So this makes me think that to much of the boat/drive are getting out of the water. I'm just running a stock 4 blade bravo so it could very well be just a prop issuse.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Registered

Thanks for posting the video and pictures of boat and motor.

Who built the engine in your boat.

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-21-2012, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Now that I think about it lowering the drive is not that big of deal and parts would only run around $500 for a 1" spacer. For some reason I was thinking new case. Btw, what can your motor turn? If you gear up to 1.22 you could run a lower pitch and it may reduce some of the paddle wheel effect/crabbing...I also have a NEW extra 1.22 set for more than reasonable. I know my cat does not like any bow lift/cup/rake in the prop. I picked up a small hub offshore outboard type cleaver that I'm going to have rehubbed and run on mine. I'll let you know how it works.

Sweet vid, love the view between the sponsons...almost like filming between cleavage. Time for me to buy a go pro.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Registered
Gold Member

J.P the engine was built by Keith scroggins out of Oklahoma City. Ya the spacer shouldn't run to much and we actually just changed gearing from 1.5 to 1.36 after the whipple was added last season. It can turn 6,000 but rev limiter is set @ 5800. I would like to hear your results with your cleaver....I'm guessing we would gain 4-5mph just changing out to a better prop.

Thanks for the vid props.....the POV between the sponsons really gives you a birds eye view of the speed and now I've got more video ideas after reading your cleavage comment lmao!