Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
If it is Christmas why is everyone so hostile? >

If it is Christmas why is everyone so hostile?

Notices

If it is Christmas why is everyone so hostile?

Old 12-23-2012, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 4,315 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
so here it is two days to christmas, the most joyous of days, and it seems like there is a lot of hostility on here lately. There are too many attacking too many others for stupid reasons and i for one am tired of it. People ask questions and get insults. People ask for help and someone takes the thread off in a direction to attack people they have never even met in person. In the morning i am leaving to spend the holiday with my family and with luck many of you on here will do the same and take a few days to reflect on the ways we interact on here. In a few days i personally am going to reflect on if i want to continue on this site or find a more civil forum.
In the mean time i wish everyone a merry christmas and i hope this is a joyous time with family and friends for all.

i dont like your attitude!!
Old 12-23-2012, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

so here it is two days to Christmas, the most joyous of days, and it seems like there is a lot of hostility on here lately. there are too many attacking too many others for stupid reasons and I for one am tired of it. people ask questions and get insults. people ask for help and someone takes the thread off in a direction to attack people they have never even met in person. In the morning I am leaving to spend the holiday with my family and with luck many of you on here will do the same and take a few days to reflect on the ways we interact on here. in a few days I personally am going to reflect on if I want to continue on this site or find a more civil forum.
In the mean time I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and I hope this is a joyous time with family and friends for all.
Very true. OSO has changed a lot over the years ( member since 03 as "the donz jr). Sure do miss the old days & old crowd...Merry X-mas to everyone and their familes
Old 12-23-2012, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

so here it is two days to Christmas, the most joyous of days, and it seems like there is a lot of hostility on here lately. there are too many attacking too many others for stupid reasons and I for one am tired of it. people ask questions and get insults. people ask for help and someone takes the thread off in a direction to attack people they have never even met in person. In the morning I am leaving to spend the holiday with my family and with luck many of you on here will do the same and take a few days to reflect on the ways we interact on here. in a few days I personally am going to reflect on if I want to continue on this site or find a more civil forum.
In the mean time I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and I hope this is a joyous time with family and friends for all.
Couldn't agree more. I been on oso for 7 years, and the past couple weeks, I've really been considering calling it a day. Ive made a lot of great friends on this site and learned a ton. But, it seems that the good old days of helping people, sharing stories, talking shop, have gone way in favor of insults, personal attacks, and slandering. Nothing but scam stories, political debates, and flat out false information provided.

I can now see why so many good guys no longer post much here anymore. Brownie, Mesa, Gellner, eddie young, BAM, RMBUILDER, the pantera boys, I could go on forever. These guys used to offer so much invaluable information on the forums.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
i dont like your attitude!!
Hey D,,dont you wish some people were in range?
Old 12-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"keyboard cowboys" is what I like to call 'em! Most of them wouldn't dare say some of the statements to people's faces. It seems to me that if they can put you down it makes them feel better in some perverse way... Like my Momma use to say, "if you don't have something nice to say, keep your mouth shut!"
Old 12-23-2012, 11:49 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gofastlvr
Like my Momma use to say, "if you don't have something nice to say, keep your mouth shut!"
My mothers favorite statement.

Here's a little aside for you politically correct pinko phags. In Houston this season there's been amazing bravado in the Merry Christmas greetings, completely different from last year. I have been hearing it 10:1 over Happy Holidays. For example I almost cracked up at Costco this afternoon a dude selling sausage handing out samples a bunch of Islamics stepped up for their freebees and he looked right at all of them and said in thick country fried accent "Murry Crismus to all you now, ya hear?" They gave him a go to hell look but he just smiled and keep handing out more samples. I went back shook his hand, bought a package and greeted him. Gave a great big smile "Well Murry Crismus, sir!"
Old 12-24-2012, 12:22 AM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by On Time
My mothers favorite statement.

Here's a little aside for you politically correct pinko phags. In Houston this season there's been amazing bravado in the Merry Christmas greetings, completely different from last year. I have been hearing it 10:1 over Happy Holidays. For example I almost cracked up at Costco this afternoon a dude selling sausage handing out samples a bunch of Islamics stepped up for their freebees and he looked right at all of them and said in thick country fried accent "Murry Crismus to all you now, ya hear?" They gave him a go to hell look but he just smiled and keep handing out more samples. I went back shook his hand, bought a package and greeted him. Gave a great big smile "Well Murry Crismus, sir!"
Islamics waiting in line for sausage... Now that's something you don't see everyday Think it's bad now, you should have been around before you had to register Lets just blame it on Obama...

Be safe, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!
Old 12-24-2012, 12:38 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Santa is just Satan with the letters rearranged..... Damn elves are trying to steel my beer... a reindeer sh!t on my front lawn... some crack whore ran over my foot with her overloaded cart at Le' Target... and some fat azzed bum dressed in red is drunk off his azz puking in the trashcan in the food court as Im trying to eat my Sbarro's double peperroni and sausage and you wonder why Im grumpy???
Old 12-24-2012, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been on pretty good behavior lately. Can't say if it's going to last but, fuk it! I'll give it a shot.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by the deep
I agree , a Christmas truce is in order . Hope everyone knows some of my post were done strictly in jest . Some post here have been just plain hateful and spilling over into other threads . It is time to stop this and practice the spirit of the season . Merry Christmas
Thank you Sam. I'm with you brother. Hope Nicole's feeling better.God Bless an Merry Christmas everyone. Artie

Last edited by akaboatman; 12-24-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.