Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
If it is Christmas why is everyone so hostile? >

If it is Christmas why is everyone so hostile?

Notices

If it is Christmas why is everyone so hostile?

Old 12-23-2012, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 891 Likes on 319 Posts
Default If it is Christmas why is everyone so hostile?

so here it is two days to Christmas, the most joyous of days, and it seems like there is a lot of hostility on here lately. there are too many attacking too many others for stupid reasons and I for one am tired of it. people ask questions and get insults. people ask for help and someone takes the thread off in a direction to attack people they have never even met in person. In the morning I am leaving to spend the holiday with my family and with luck many of you on here will do the same and take a few days to reflect on the ways we interact on here. in a few days I personally am going to reflect on if I want to continue on this site or find a more civil forum.
In the mean time I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and I hope this is a joyous time with family and friends for all.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

I agree , a Christmas truce is in order . Hope everyone knows some of my post were done strictly in jest . Some post here have been just plain hateful and spilling over into other threads . It is time to stop this and practice the spirit of the season . Merry Christmas
Old 12-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
so here it is two days to Christmas, the most joyous of days, and it seems like there is a lot of hostility on here lately. there are too many attacking too many others for stupid reasons and I for one am tired of it. people ask questions and get insults. people ask for help and someone takes the thread off in a direction to attack people they have never even met in person. In the morning I am leaving to spend the holiday with my family and with luck many of you on here will do the same and take a few days to reflect on the ways we interact on here. in a few days I personally am going to reflect on if I want to continue on this site or find a more civil forum.
In the mean time I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and I hope this is a joyous time with family and friends for all.
It's winter
Old 12-23-2012, 07:28 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightlife1970
It's winter
Maybe too much eggnog is part of the problem .
Old 12-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-23-2012, 07:33 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He's gonna find out who's naughty or nice!
Old 12-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't limit it to "here" I have noticed the same hostility on just about all forms of web boards (and topics) I don't know if it's the economy, the constant political correctness we are having forced on us or numerous other things, but, there is some serious HATE out there. I am NO expert, but, if someone asks a question I try to offer advice, it bothers me when I see someone ask a question and get flamed for it

I see WAY too much hostility when it comes to brand loyalty as well, sure, you may Love your boat, but, that doesn't mean everything else is crap. Heck, I am looking to move up myself, and I am Well Aware my boat ISN'T in the same league as an Outerlimits or Nortech, but, telling me (or anyone else) that the brand there looking at is "junk" just because it's not made by the same company that built your boat isn't very helpful.

Some of it is the Annonimity the Internet provides, I find people are FAR more confrontational when behind a keyboard as opposed to real life.

I also think you shouldn't type anything that you wouldn't be willing to say face to face. I am no Saint and have been involved in some heated discussions on here, but, I do make an effort to try to be diplomatic.

Between some people perception of performance boats, government intervention, and many, many other things we have stacked against us already, the LAST thing we should be doing is alienating each other and infighting

Merry Christmas to all! Lets hope for a great 2013!
Old 12-23-2012, 08:51 PM
Registered

Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!

I think the problem starts when you have a few no it all's that know everything about everything and everyone!!! And I will stand up for what I believe is right even if I don't no the individual, I mean come on you can pretty much put 2 and 2 together when someone posts on here and pretty much know who is on the up an dup and who isn't.. Just Sayin

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year seriously!!!!
Old 12-23-2012, 09:13 PM
Registered

Default Festivus!

Happy Festivus! It's just the normal airing of grievances. Feats of strength coming soon too!

Old 12-23-2012, 09:13 PM
Registered

...most people suck..but Merry X-Mas to you anyways...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.