Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Problem with Corsa silent choice! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/28933-problem-corsa-silent-choice.html)

BAJA342 07-17-2002 12:09 PM

Problem with Corsa silent choice!

The problem is the two inside exhaust cutouts will not open when activated with the switch. They try to open but just snap back to closed. I can manually open them by pushing them and they stay. The outer exhaust open and close with no problem. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Frank.

Jan 07-17-2002 12:15 PM

Sounds like low voltage on your batteries. I know on my boat that if I have played the stereo for extended periods my solenoids will not pull in till the batteries charge backup.

I think it takes 1.5 amps to pull the solenoids and .7 to hold and you have (x)4.

My 2 cents

Jan

29 OUTLAW 07-17-2002 12:33 PM

I have one that sometimes will not open when the motor is powered off. When the motor is on, it always opens. I don't know if it has anything to do with the water running thru it helping to "push" it open or if it's the increased voltage that's present when the motor is running.

Dosn't matter much to me. I just start the motors with them shut then pop them open once running.

rick32 07-17-2002 01:20 PM

I have these on my Sunsation.... YOu know whatthe problem is....

THEY DONT WORK.... Corsa markets a flawed system. I fully intend on taking mine off and asking for a refund...... I have noted all compliants on the board... You need to call Jim Browning Jr. at the Corsa Factory at ask for a refund.

Rick 32 :confused:

euby 07-17-2002 02:11 PM

huh....i wonder if it has anything to do with horsepower and exhaust pressure? I've had my corsa's for 6 years and haven't had any problems at all. I only have 365hp and can open or close them at any RPM.

EX20 07-17-2002 02:35 PM

Are these supposed to stay closed at higher RPMs? Mine can't hold the butterfly valves closed above 2300RPM.:confused:

hot water 07-17-2002 02:50 PM

Try This

Try activating the non working selenoid by disconnecting the power and running power direct from the batteries to the selenoid. If it reacts normally, then you must have a voltage drop across your system. You could also double check this with a voltmeter.

wilerty 07-17-2002 02:57 PM

The solenoids do go bad ... I just had to replace one. Remember Corsa has a three year warranty.

283CHECK 07-17-2002 02:58 PM

I'm having the same problem

Called the factory and they sent me a fax with testing information. It is basically running 12 volts directly to the solenoid. I had already tested voltage at the solenoid(12.9v) and told them that, they said give it a shot but sounds like the solenoid is shot. $80 to replace it. I never thought about trying it with the motor runing I'll give that a shot tonight. For the time being we wired it open and I'll spend the $80 this winter to fix it. Just put in a new motor so running out of boating funds:rolleyes: :(

BuzzinBye! 07-17-2002 03:35 PM

My friend has the same set-up. He has had to replace one solenoid before, but usually it is just the connections at the solenoid being loose and not allowing enough current to open. Also Corsa is very responsive to any issues you may have.

Dan