Problem with Corsa silent choice! >

Problem with Corsa silent choice!

Notices

Problem with Corsa silent choice!

Old 07-17-2002, 12:09 PM
Charter Member #1251
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with Corsa silent choice!

The problem is the two inside exhaust cutouts will not open when activated with the switch. They try to open but just snap back to closed. I can manually open them by pushing them and they stay. The outer exhaust open and close with no problem. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Frank.
Old 07-17-2002, 12:15 PM
Jan
Member "69" Charter #70
Charter Member

Sounds like low voltage on your batteries. I know on my boat that if I have played the stereo for extended periods my solenoids will not pull in till the batteries charge backup.

I think it takes 1.5 amps to pull the solenoids and .7 to hold and you have (x)4.

My 2 cents

Jan
Old 07-17-2002, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one that sometimes will not open when the motor is powered off. When the motor is on, it always opens. I don't know if it has anything to do with the water running thru it helping to "push" it open or if it's the increased voltage that's present when the motor is running.

Dosn't matter much to me. I just start the motors with them shut then pop them open once running.
Old 07-17-2002, 01:20 PM
rick32

I have these on my Sunsation.... YOu know whatthe problem is....

THEY DONT WORK.... Corsa markets a flawed system. I fully intend on taking mine off and asking for a refund...... I have noted all compliants on the board... You need to call Jim Browning Jr. at the Corsa Factory at ask for a refund.

Rick 32

Old 07-17-2002, 02:11 PM
Registered

huh....i wonder if it has anything to do with horsepower and exhaust pressure? I've had my corsa's for 6 years and haven't had any problems at all. I only have 365hp and can open or close them at any RPM.
Old 07-17-2002, 02:35 PM
Registered

Are these supposed to stay closed at higher RPMs? Mine can't hold the butterfly valves closed above 2300RPM.
Old 07-17-2002, 02:50 PM
Registered

Default Try This

Try activating the non working selenoid by disconnecting the power and running power direct from the batteries to the selenoid. If it reacts normally, then you must have a voltage drop across your system. You could also double check this with a voltmeter.
Old 07-17-2002, 02:57 PM
wilerty

The solenoids do go bad ... I just had to replace one. Remember Corsa has a three year warranty.

Old 07-17-2002, 02:58 PM
283CHECK

Default I'm having the same problem

Called the factory and they sent me a fax with testing information. It is basically running 12 volts directly to the solenoid. I had already tested voltage at the solenoid(12.9v) and told them that, they said give it a shot but sounds like the solenoid is shot. $80 to replace it. I never thought about trying it with the motor runing I'll give that a shot tonight. For the time being we wired it open and I'll spend the $80 this winter to fix it. Just put in a new motor so running out of boating funds

Old 07-17-2002, 03:35 PM
BuzzinBye!

My friend has the same set-up. He has had to replace one solenoid before, but usually it is just the connections at the solenoid being loose and not allowing enough current to open. Also Corsa is very responsive to any issues you may have.

Dan

Quick Reply: Problem with Corsa silent choice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.