Barnegat Bay Safety After Hurricane Sandy >

Barnegat Bay Safety After Hurricane Sandy

Notices

Barnegat Bay Safety After Hurricane Sandy

Old 01-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Barnegat Bay Safety After Hurricane Sandy

What will be the dangers of recreational boating in the barnegat bay for 2013. there has been alot of junk dumped in there due to sandy. im concerned with shallow water, debris and moved channels. im discussing the area of the bay from pt pleasant canal down to barnegat lighthouse including any rivers and lagoons. i have searched for this information and havent found much. the local town councils and coast guard seem to be aware of these issues but i can not find any information on debris cleanup in the area. im worried about speeding around this summer and hitting something. anyone been on the water and see or hit anything?

http://www.nj.gov/dep/special/hurricane-sandy/

i have visited this website and the info is generally useless.

Last edited by ita1iansta11ion1; 01-12-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ita1iansta11ion1
What will be the dangers of recreational boating in the barnegat bay for 2013. there has been alot of junk dumped in there due to sandy. im concerned with shallow water, debris and moved channels. im discussing the area of the bay from pt pleasant canal down to barnegat lighthouse including any rivers and lagoons. i have searched for this information and havent found much. the local town councils and coast guard seem to be aware of these issues but i can not find any information on debris cleanup in the area. im worried about speeding around this summer and hitting something. anyone been on the water and see or hit anything?

http://www.nj.gov/dep/special/hurricane-sandy/

i have visited this website and the info is generally useless.
In the Governor's State of the State address, he stated that the state would be handling the cleaning of the bay and they were currently lining up a contractor to start.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Registered

I went over the Seaside bridge today, there were boats out on the bay. I did not see any debris, but I am sure they are there plus moved and new sandbars. Most of the problems are probably going to be North of Seaside I think we are just going to have to take it real easy for the first month or so. I know I won't be out in April like I usually am.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:50 PM
Registered

thank you. i personally know many friends that have lost quite a few "large items" due to the storm surge. an outdoor gas grill, a dock box with 2 filled propane tanks and a filled 5 gallon gas can, a sea doo wave runner, a 20'X15' wood deck previously attached to a house, even an 18ft boat on a trailer have went totally missing. i have also spotted insulation and plastic bags floating in the lagoons. hopefully we can count on the cleanup process to be a success.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:56 PM
Registered

ive encountered a plastic bag floating in the water before. i almost overheated my engine just idling thru the lagoon. good thing i always keep an eye on my gauges. i shut her off trimmed up and pulled a shopping bag out of my intake. this was last year b4 the storm.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:10 PM
Registered

Barnegat Bay Safety After Hurricane Sandy-1118121608a.jpg

Yeah there are a few boats on trailers in the bay.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Plenty of debris around. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL-bpKCZgdM

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 01-13-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I think Boating on the Barnegat Bay in 2013 is going to be VERY different then before Sandy.... For starters they need to reopen F Cove as I think there will be ALOT less cruising around the bay this year...
Old 01-12-2013, 10:08 PM
Registered

We all knew this was coming someday, just did not think it would be this bad. The farther north you go the worse it gets.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Registered

lol and they closed f cove to protect the birds and their nests. think about what this storm did to those birds and their nests. although i would be concerned for boating in the close vicinity of f cove. that was one of the hardest hit areas of the bay.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.