Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1 year according to Merc site

http://www.mercuryracing.com/sterndr...0/features.php
Old 01-18-2013, 10:04 AM
Registered

Its more about the overall user- friendly and reliable performance these new motors have achieved. They start and idle like a car and seem to be super reliable- as the 271 mile run around LI has proven. You can stand at the dock while 2 of these motors idle and have a conversation. Anyone these days can make 1350HP, but staying out of the engine compartment is a nice thing.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:11 AM
Registered

And not to mention the overall neat and tidy engine package. Very few motors look like that. Most have wires and lines all over the place- which is due to the fact that they are all random parts bolted together.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 28skater
and not to mention the overall neat and tidy engine package. Very few motors look like that. Most have wires and lines all over the place- which is due to the fact that they are all random parts bolted together.
+1

Last edited by HabanaJoe; 01-18-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 28skater
And not to mention the overall neat and tidy engine package. Very few motors look like that. Most have wires and lines all over the place- which is due to the fact that they are all random parts bolted together.
This is one thing I think most engine builders are missing for sure, Merc and Ilmor motors don't look like race motors they, they have a very OEM look to them. Some hate it but I love the look of a clean well thought out package. I'm sure the sterling 1700 motors are great but it looks like a science project. The shape of boats in general has been gravitating towards a cleaner more streamlined look the engines should look the part as well.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:53 AM
Registered

X2
Merc Racing Needs to do NY to Miami and Back.

Originally Posted by rik
honestly to date, merc is the only company that got smart and made an overhead cam head. It eliminates a lot of the bbc problems and has taken them a step into the future rather than remaining in the past. In theory they should be able to more easily make power and have better reliability.

Others have made more power and even with the head design they are not going to be the most powerful engine in the world (some will not argue they are even the most reliable) but at the moment with mercury's endorsement they (turbo's) are back in favor big time which helps a lot of engine builders gain acceptability as a lot of boaters think if merc does it then it must be good.

Last edited by Team Shadow; 01-18-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:29 PM
Registered

I want my 1350+Hp engine to....break ear drums, piss off tree hugging "sustainable/Green/alternative fuel" liberals, spew CO2 at excessive levels, have the carbon footprint of an outdated coal fired powerplant, cut down red woods, kill baby seals, and disrupt the migration of Caribou along the Alaskan Pipeline. If you can hold a conversation within 50yds of it at idle....its not loud enough.

Jus sayin....
Old 01-18-2013, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by TRL505
I want my 1350+Hp engine to....break ear drums, piss off tree hugging "sustainable/Green/alternative fuel" liberals, spew CO2 at excessive levels, have the carbon footprint of an outdated coal fired powerplant, cut down red woods, kill baby seals, and disrupt the migration of Caribou along the Alaskan Pipeline. If you can hold a conversation within 50yds of it at idle....its not loud enough.

Jus sayin....
Old 01-18-2013, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by TRL505

Jus sayin....
and now they finally run long enough to do all those things!!
Old 01-18-2013, 03:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

What is the warranty on the 1700s?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.