Old 01-23-2013, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 71 Posts

YouTube link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwsCy...0FgleA&index=1
Old 01-23-2013, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Generally I do not post on these things as I have no experience in this, but this can become an informational learning experience for some.

Options: beaching it. I would have been afraid of this for reasons other than the cost of boat. You can see the spray of the breaking waves closer to the beach. Would you even make it to the beach? Wave gets you from behind and swamps the boat in the surf? What if you get in some of the extreme aerated water, do you loose enough bouancy to float? Do your props loose bite, come off plane and get rolled drowning your passengers? Never been in that water, not sure how it would react but not sure I would be willing to try it.

Heading out was an option, but with the luxury of reviewing video and time to think, options do appear. The wave that broke the boat doesn't appear to break after all. It seems to flatten out and is more like the first wave he took at an angle. Not sure, hard to read.

But for the sake of armchairing it, what do others think? Stay between the breaking waves on shore and the "peaking" wave further out, try to avoid the bottom in the troughs (how?) and wait for the set to pass before making a run for it? Again, I know I am "armchairing" it, but besides not getting into that situation, is that an option?

No comment on the captain, he did what he thought was right and I wasn't there. Glad I wasn't there.

Brian
Old 01-23-2013, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's always a shame when people get injured. Was the speed he was running necessary? I have no room to judge or assume, just wondering.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Link is dis-abled
Old 01-24-2013, 12:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is incredible! Surf's up.

It's definitely easy to monday morning quarterback it but had he stayed in the trough's and attacked at a more at an angle he should have been fine. That's the big difference between this and the Razz video, Razz wasn't attacking the waves head on. Once that guy turned to head straight into them it was over, time's up.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:15 AM
Registered

Come on man, two feet? So your feet were higher than the bottom of your bolsters?

Originally Posted by Full Force
I launched my Mistress enough this summer high enough there was 2ft between my feet and the floor of the boat, when I landed back in the boat it kinda hurt, my bow was approx 16ft high, boat came down way faster then I did.....
Old 01-24-2013, 04:07 AM
Registered

I'm guessing he thought he would be cool and buzz the beach and surfers. There is no need to be inside like that. Lucky if he didn't get cited on top of it all. I been in a boat when the driver thought he would be cool. 12 months of physical therapy. Wouldn't go in a boat unless I was wearing a jacket or driving for the following 3 years. Now I lean over and say hey dip ****..... Sad he put the passengers at risk.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 203 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by c_deezy
Come on man, two feet? So your feet were higher than the bottom of your bolsters?
yea, if I had video I would show it.... was freaky bud trust me... I am not one to exagerate things... hit the jet wake while he was getting on plane, that was a huge wake.... didnt realize how big till I hit it...
Old 01-24-2013, 05:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 203 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by c_deezy
That is incredible! Surf's up.

It's definitely easy to monday morning quarterback it but had he stayed in the trough's and attacked at a more at an angle he should have been fine. That's the big difference between this and the Razz video, Razz wasn't attacking the waves head on. Once that guy turned to head straight into them it was over, time's up.
The waves in the Razz video were not even close to the height of the wave in the Donzi video.... look at that 43 FOOT Donzi running up the wave, that had to be a 25 footer... it swallowed a 43 foot boat....
Old 01-24-2013, 06:10 AM
Registered

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
The waves in the Razz video were not even close to the height of the wave in the Donzi video.... look at that 43 FOOT Donzi running up the wave, that had to be a 25 footer... it swallowed a 43 foot boat....
Agreed....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.