Offshore boat jumping massive breaking waves at Ocean Beach, San Francisco >

Offshore boat jumping massive breaking waves at Ocean Beach, San Francisco

Notices

Offshore boat jumping massive breaking waves at Ocean Beach, San Francisco

Old 02-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pasquesi
His insurance WILL pay. The guy didn't do anything other than get caught up in a bad situation. When the customer is an imbecile the insurer can't just deny the claim. He wasn't participating in a sanctioned race, poker run, operating illegally or competing in a wave jumping contest. Hitting a huge wave on the ocean and damaging your property is certainly covered under any legitimate policy.
I agree here, Insurance should and will pay, no reason not to. accidents is why you have insurance. a wave, hitting another boat, what ever. its for accidents.

Now my statment above was in refference to Donzi paying or something, I dont think they should. BUT if there is nothing legally proving abuse why would warrenty not come into play too. was my point.

and just cause someone gets hurt on your boat does not AUTOMATICl mean law suit. could be his wife, and best friend for all you know. some fun ride from someone you met at the doc is one thing. but a life long boating buddy gettig hurt in your boat vs there boat is differnt circumstances and suiing most likly wont take place. unless deaths and this then who knows. other 1/2s formt he deceased can do mean things.

also IN alabnama just casue you where HURT on a boat does not mean anything in the ER. been there done that. Now if you slam the boat drunk into something and need assestace it will. but if you make it back to the doc, and then go the ER they are only worried about you well being not how you did it.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by mittens
I agree here, Insurance should and will pay, no reason not to. accidents is why you have insurance. a wave, hitting another boat, what ever. its for accidents.

Now my statment above was in refference to Donzi paying or something, I dont think they should. BUT if there is nothing legally proving abuse why would warrenty not come into play too. was my point.

and just cause someone gets hurt on your boat does not AUTOMATICl mean law suit. could be his wife, and best friend for all you know. some fun ride from someone you met at the doc is one thing. but a life long boating buddy gettig hurt in your boat vs there boat is differnt circumstances and suiing most likly wont take place. unless deaths and this then who knows. other 1/2s formt he deceased can do mean things.

also IN alabnama just casue you where HURT on a boat does not mean anything in the ER. been there done that. Now if you slam the boat drunk into something and need assestace it will. but if you make it back to the doc, and then go the ER they are only worried about you well being not how you did it.
Donzi should not and will not pay because this was not a manufacturing defect. It was clearly a situation that exceeded the capabilties of a non-racing pleasure boat.

Does GM pay warranty claims if you hit a bump in the road, destroying your suspension? No, of course not. Insurance takes over.

I'm curious as to why you would think Donzi is even remotely liable?
Old 02-07-2013, 01:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mittens
No dog in this fight, but I was curious about reporting accidents. Here in TX one is required to report accidents beyond basic first aid. A trip to the ER is reportable. So I was wondering about other states.

Taken from the AL Boating Laws:9.

Boating Accidents
Boating accidents must be reported to the Alabama Marine Police Division, Department of
Conservation and Natural Resources. If a boat is involved in an accident, the operator must
give necessary assistance to the other vessel and passengers, as long as it will not personally
endanger the operator, his or her passengers, or the vessel. The following boating accidents
must be reported in writing:
• Any boating accident involving death, injury or property damage greater than $50.00
must be reported within 10 days.
Accident report forms are available from Marine Police Officers, the Marine Police Division, or
county sheriff's offices. Failure to report a boating accident may result in the levy of fines or
the imposition of criminal penalties.

ER visits I believe will easily exceed the $50.00 mark.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pasquesi
Donzi should not and will not pay because this was not a manufacturing defect. It was clearly a situation that exceeded the capabilties of a non-racing pleasure boat.

Does GM pay warranty claims if you hit a bump in the road, destroying your suspension? No, of course not. Insurance takes over.

I'm curious as to why you would think Donzi is even remotely liable?
Man as i have stated MANY times. I DO NOT THINK DONZI SHOULD. period.

i just asked what do you think? just like the truck suspension if GM cant prove you jumped it off a cliff, and your say it broke at a rail road crossing. lawyers get alot deeper, and the company sometimes give in for lack of PR, or what ever the case.

I DO NOT THINK DONZI is at fault.. it was a mere qustions.

issuracne should pay.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Registered

pasquesi, is your avatar the great Heisenberg?
Old 02-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Heisenberg might have been here . ....
Old 02-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts
Wink

Old 02-07-2013, 03:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by the deep
you got it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.