Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Flyinbrian (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/29054-flyinbrian.html)

Luv-N-It 07-18-2002 03:14 PM

Flyinbrian

Double elimination tournament. We should be playing on Sunday. But I have Monday off for boating!!!!

I take it you are single with all the boating and traveling you are doing?

Flyinbrian 07-18-2002 03:36 PM

Nope

I have a die-hard boater wife!!!!

No kids, well, two dogs.

I couldn't be any luckier. We celebrated our first anniversary last weekend. Her parents were boating buddies with my parents, they hooked us up 6 years ago, and get this, both parents had Baja 272's at the time!!!!

Now, my parents have a small tunnel hull and her parents have a 32 Fountain and a houseboat on Lake Cumberland. We are all boating buddies now.

I have to step back sometimes for a minute to think about how lucky I really am!

Flyinbrian 07-18-2002 03:37 PM

also

Good idea to start a new thread. I can get long winded and I hate to take over somebody's post.

Luv-N-It 07-18-2002 03:46 PM

Way Cool!!!!!

My wife really likes the boating thing. She has entertained the idea "boating is better thank biking" (she wants a Harley). I know, its great to have a wife that enjoys boating, especially with kids. Creates a lot of good family time.

We have a 1996 272 Baja 25th Anniversary model. It has every option available on it, including shore power. We had a really nice 1998 240 SeaRay...but I took a ride on a friends 272 and had to have one. We have the best of both worlds, performance (can never have enough performance) and amenities.

Probably in three years (we will lose a lot of debt) we would love to get a 33' Outlaw.

What do you have?

Flyinbrian 07-18-2002 04:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I came across one of my dream boats about a month ago. 1987 24 Skater with twin 220 Mercs.

I had a 1999 25 Baja Outlaw with the HP500 carb motor and every available option. I sold it this spring and decided to stay away from the bigger boats for a while, but then this killer deal came along on this Skater. I plan on keeping this one for a long while.

I am also in the middle of a ground up restoration on an 18' Laser LTV. It's a modified tunnel vee, ass-beater, go-fast boat.

Here's a pic of my Skater-

Flyinbrian 07-18-2002 04:09 PM

family

My Dad used to drag race, (cars), and that wasn't really that entertaining for the rest of the family. So he sold it all and bought a boat. That was twenty+ years ago. Now we are both hardcore performance boaters.

The 272 is an awesome all around boat. They loved that boat to death, as did myself and my wife. Like you said, the best of both worlds.

The 33 Outlaw is a bad boat. I hope it works out for you in the future.

Luv-N-It 07-18-2002 04:17 PM

I realize you need to take off for Cumberland, but we need to get together and boat!!! Have a safe trip this weekend.

Nice boat.

Here is my email address [email protected] Email me when you get back. I'd really like to go to Indian Lake.

What????? 25 Outlaw w/500 HP. I bet that was a blast to ride and drive!!!!!

Flyinbrian 07-18-2002 04:32 PM

Thanks for the compliment

I'm outta the office in five minutes, but I'll probably check the board at home before leaving. I'm in no hurry, either way I get there around midnight, so I'm not missing any boating time.

Anyway, my e-mail is [email protected] .

And yes, the 25 was a sweet boat, I made a guy in South Carolina a killer deal on that one. I took it to Lake Erie, those K-Planes came in real handy up there! It would do 75 or so. I think your 272 would outrun it with equal power, (lighter). That thing was a tank, but very nice.

I'll get a hold of you early next week.

Nice talking to you, and have fun this weekend too!

Luv-N-It 07-18-2002 04:50 PM

How long does it take you to get to Grider Hill. I typically put in at the State Dock or Jamestown. Is it a shorter drive? Nice ramp where you put in? How about parking?

Luv-N-It 07-18-2002 04:54 PM

By the way, I was at Put In Bay for the QFM-96...Put in at Catawba area. It was fun going across. It sucked coming back. We were in 4-5 footers the whole time!!!