Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Peter Hledin ( aka Skater Fame) Canadian? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/29065-peter-hledin-aka-skater-fame-canadian.html)

Rick G 07-18-2002 04:53 PM

Peter Hledin ( aka Skater Fame) Canadian?

I read in the September issue of Family & Performance Boating that the first Skater was built in Canada. The article did not expand on where exactly Peter Hledin was born or raised . So I ask ,is this guy in fact a Canadian ? Just curious Rick G.

Steve 1 07-18-2002 05:02 PM

what does it matter ? He builds a dam fine boat here in the States

Best Regards:)

Mr Gadgets 07-18-2002 05:08 PM

I met Pete in 83.. didnt get to know that well, but I do know he is from Canada. Not sure about birth place and where he grew up, but he has an accent.

You can go to the Skater website and email his newphew that runs the site.. At least he did a year or so ago.. I asked a question about Pete. I ran into him at the gas station, but didnt recogize him and figured out who he was later..
Anyway hope that helps.. He lives around the corner from me next to the lake..

Hope that helps..

Dick

T2x 07-18-2002 05:40 PM

So what!....some of my best friends are Canadians..... little beedy eyed Canadians...... Now they may not be as fast upstairs as we are but hey....they invented Hockey...... eh?

T2x

Waterfoul 07-18-2002 06:10 PM

And when was the lat time a Canadien team won the Stanley Cup??? Quite some time ago. Granted there are a lot of Canadiens on the US NHL Hockey Teams, but hockey was PERFECTED right here in the good ole U. S. of A!!!!!! Just like Skater boats!!!!!!!!:D

I met Peter once also several years ago. Love his accent eh.:)

36spectre 07-18-2002 07:49 PM

T2X, "not too fast upstairs", Can't wait till Peter reads this. T2X when you coming down to drink some German beer again???Otto

GeoGraphics INC 07-18-2002 08:28 PM

Pete is from Canada he has a brother that still lives here, Alex is a dentist and in his spare time he builds kick ass outboards, he does all the motor work and R&D for the Seebolds, I have a 32 Skater in my shop now with 3 of Alex's 400 hp mercs on the transom.

pullmytrigger 07-18-2002 09:25 PM

Ahhhhhhh, Foul......Hockey perfected in the USA???? Ahh MAN!!! The only thing the USA has done for hockey is provided a population base that allows the greatest game on earth to be showcased. Although I do admit the US college scene is looking good.If by perfected you mean coaching, the NHL is dominated by Canadian coaches.

Risk Taker 07-18-2002 10:11 PM

Why do canadiens do it doggy style???

So they can both watch the hockey game!!! hehehe :D :D ;)

All that Canada has done for hockey is negated by the fact that they produced Celine Dion.....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I agree with Steve 1, Peter builds one hell of a boat !!!!

pullmytrigger 07-18-2002 10:29 PM

RT- getting laid while watching the hockey game........sounds good to ME!!!!!!!!.........and just when you're ready to............score..........oh never mind........and Celine Dion is from Quebec so she's not really...................Doug