Notices

Havasu is Famous!!

Old 07-18-2002, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up Havasu is Famous!!

I was just at a barnes and Noble bookstore today and was looking at the new National Geographic "Best of America" photo book and on page 116-117 is a picture of Lake Havasu at Party Cove!!! That's pretty cool. The picture is from 1991.
Old 07-18-2002, 05:40 PM
ssherman

It would have to be from 91 that was the last time that place had a party

Let the games begin............

Old 07-18-2002, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

First off I take it the picture was of Coper canyon, not party cove...Correct?? secondly since Nort is off to San Diego to live it up with the rich and famous I'll have to say that this just shows you another example of how Havasu is world famous for it's parties whether it's t.v. shows, news, or mags from the early 80's to just the other night on the E! channel of the top ten party spots for spring break......by the way....LOTO wasn't on that list...As a matter of fact I don't ever recall hearing about LOTO except on this board You guys out there just keep on trying to catch up with the party that happens ALL YEAR, EVERY YEAR at Havasu for more than 20 years.

Tank

(the games have begun)
Old 07-18-2002, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default tank...

Actually, you are right, but the photo caption does say party cove.
Old 07-18-2002, 06:02 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I knew of LOTO long before this board existed. I also knew of Havasu but also heard more about the problems it has.

So what if LOTO isn't on anybody's Top Ten list. A good thing is sometimes best kept a little secret so that it doesn't get tarnished. If you have never been to LOTO you need to go at least once to compare. Unfortunately for me Havasu is way to far to tow a boat for a firsthand experience. But maybe someday I can catch a ride with someone!!!

Old 07-18-2002, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

Bigwavs....Same prob. for me man...Would love to go to LOTO but thats a loooooong haul....But tell you what, I'm going to Havasu next weekend you come on out and we'll party!
Old 07-18-2002, 06:36 PM
Allan4

You know what sucks more than getting kicked square in the grapes.........I'm about 600+ miles EAST of LOTO and as far as Havasu.........hell, It would be quicker for me to row to Pittsburgh....(up the Mighty Ohio ofcourse)

Old 07-18-2002, 07:23 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

I have been to both places Havasu was cool and lot of cool custom boat but in my opinion loto has the party going on and the night life is killer it's like a cross between the Dells and Disneyland for adults
Old 07-18-2002, 08:22 PM
VIP Member

Hey thisistank,
Thanks for the offer!!! I offer the same back at ya!!! I can't get out there next weekend but we can keep in touch and see what happens. My schedule is nutty all summer. I am going to be at LOTO Aug 22nd thru 25th. If you want to join us you are more than welcome to do so. Plenty of boats to ride/go fast on!!
Let me know!!!!!

Dave
Old 07-18-2002, 08:56 PM
Registered

Originally posted by thisistank
First off I take it the picture was of Coper canyon, not party cove...Correct?? secondly since Nort is off to San Diego to live it up with the rich and famous I'll have to say that this just shows you another example of how Havasu is world famous for it's parties whether it's t.v. shows, news, or mags from the early 80's to just the other night on the E! channel of the top ten party spots for spring break......by the way....LOTO wasn't on that list...As a matter of fact I don't ever recall hearing about LOTO except on this board You guys out there just keep on trying to catch up with the party that happens ALL YEAR, EVERY YEAR at Havasu for more than 20 years.

Tank

(the games have begun)
My thoughts exactly

Quick Reply: Havasu is Famous!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.