Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   first timer for Miami boat show - need the scoop (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/290729-first-timer-miami-boat-show-need-scoop.html)

Rambunctious 01-27-2013 08:03 PM

first timer for Miami boat show - need the scoop

Making plans for Miami Boat show
first time attendance
going to discuss potential product opportunity with yacht manufacturers and have a few questions.

whats the professional dress while at the docks and boats
for business discussions?
suit?
sport coat, collar shirt and pants, or jeans?
bermuda shorts and a wife beater?

want to dress for credibility

also
any recommendations for hotels
any other suggestions for dinner, parties, must see's etc...

thanks

Ramb

ryder638 01-27-2013 08:34 PM

if your going for yachts stay at the Fountain Blue, they are right across the street. Its a one stop shop great dinner, night life and the pool area is by far the nicest around. As far as the dress i don't think anyone wears suits in miami.

Scott B 01-27-2013 09:42 PM

Only for funerals.. And even then only if your in the casket..

Tom A. 01-27-2013 11:22 PM

Dockers and a polo or simple/plain Tommy Bahama style shirt. Boat shoes.

Anything less and you look like an attendee, anything more and you won't look like a boater.

Just my .02

Rambunctious 01-28-2013 08:25 AM

thanks for the advice

Ramb

sy goldberg 01-28-2013 09:14 AM

More input !

Bring money,lots of credit cards,and stay away from LINCOLN ROAD if your wife or girlfriend are with you !

wrinkleface 01-28-2013 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by sy goldberg (Post 3856781)
Bring money,lots of credit cards,and stay away from LINCOLN ROAD if your wife or girlfriend are with you !

personal experience old man!!!:party-smiley-004::poopoo:

Pismo10 01-28-2013 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tom A. (Post 3856654)
Dockers and a polo or simple/plain Tommy Bahama style shirt. Boat shoes.

Anything less and you look like an attendee, anything more and you won't look like a boater.

Just my .02

Exactly.

limegreenstare28 01-28-2013 10:45 PM

Ahhhh well, being a local in Miami I would say bring cash... Not too much, but there are going to be things at the show you'll want to buy, new products and cool things that you can't find anywhere else. Also the buses are nice but a cab is much quicker.

As for parties, I would say it just depends what you're looking for. Liv and Mansion are great for bottle service and rubbing elbows, but Mangos is great for a wilde time and the clevlander is good too; both are right on Ocean Drive. Monty's is right at Miami Beach Marina and has got a great vibe with awesome drinks.

Hope this helps

~Cheers

Rambunctious 02-01-2013 03:42 PM

any opinion of Shelbourne?

thanks
Ramb