Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Tell me about Donxi 38ZX?????? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/29076-tell-me-about-donxi-38zx.html)

bajaboat32 07-18-2002 07:56 PM

Tell me about Donxi 38ZX??????

I am looking at a 1999 Donxi 38ZX with 525SC's in it. It has 73 hrs on it and is loaded with all the toys. Has anyone had a bad experience with Donzi? How about the 525sc? How is Donzi to work with if you have a problem? Thanks for you response!!!:p

mpally 07-18-2002 08:08 PM

Are looking at the boat at Big Thunder Marine? If so, I know they just lowered the price a lot a few weeks ago. I think it is more reasonably priced now.

Shanghied Again 07-18-2002 09:03 PM

I have never had a problem with Donzi, I had a few waranty issues and they took care of them, E-Mail me and I will tell you who to deal with at Donzi, I became great friends with the whole crew in Sarasota.

Clark Hoesman 07-18-2002 09:10 PM

I just bought a 38 Donzi last December, yes December. I love the boat for the head room and beam. I had a generator installed for the wife and did'nt lose any speed. I am running about 72-75 mph with 500 EFI's depending on the conditions. I had Donzi build me a generator box that did'nt work and they gladly took it back and returned my $$$$$. I have meet the Vice President of Operations at the Dallas Boat show and has been helpful ever since.

All I miss is some Donzi shirts, decals for the trailer.

E-Mail me with any questions.

Clark

glassdave 07-18-2002 09:56 PM

great boat, i know them inside and out. very well built. i do some of the warrenty work for donxi in this area (graphics, gel, fiberglass, etc.) they have been pretty good about taking care of there boats, i have delt with the factory directly and have had good expieriences . the 38 zx is a great machine to, one of my favorites. about the only recuring thing i have seen on them is the screw heads poping through the gel at base of the fairing where it is bonded to the deck. minor problem non structural. :cool: :cool: . funny thing about the 38, my only complaint is that it rides too well and you lose alittle of the sensation of speed. course i dont know if you can really call that a complaint :rolleyes: :D

if you talk to the factory about any thing i believe Don Pride handles the 38's

BAJA WILL 07-18-2002 11:40 PM

I've been on a couple, I agree with everyone. Built first class and ride great. But they are a heavy boat, with 2 525 should be good power.;)

BryanTuvell 07-19-2002 06:09 AM

We are in our 2nd ZX. We have had a few "issues" but they have always came through and paid for the warranty work or direct shipped a part to me etc.
Good luck and let us know if you buy her and of course add a picture or two.
Bryan

boomer 07-19-2002 08:11 AM

These Donzi's are not like the off years 85-90. The new one's are a very nice class of boats. I owned an 86 and then a 88 and said I would never own another one again, but I have started to look at the newer one's and I like what I see again. I will say this even though I had major problems with my boat Donzi, still stood behind it and did the right thing.

jawbreakerkid 07-19-2002 09:28 AM

is this steve or monty? so when are we going for a sea-trial????

JAX25OUTLAW 07-19-2002 10:36 AM

One of my friends has one of those and he keeps killing the Bravos. Heavy boat combined with extreme use of throttle coming out of the hole has the combined affect of 3 drives so far this year. Also had some motor problems but those are from hard use (I assume) as well. The boat is gorgeous and fast as well as extremely roomy. Just take it easy on those Bravos and you will enjoy it well. .02