Notices

Calling Uncle Toys!!!

Old 07-16-2002, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 2,970 Likes on 981 Posts
Default Calling Uncle Toys!!!

Where the HELL have you been man?? You must be living it up large in Havabrew How's the boat running with those blowers on 'er??

Are you going to be in Havasu for the weekend of the 27th?? Kelly and I are going to be there, plus I'm trying to get Nort off his ass and go!

By the way...where you at the AVI resort in Laughlin with in the last couple months during a truck show? I swear I saw your boat in a pic from a truck mag. Yours???

Tank
Old 07-16-2002, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not seen any posts from him in last few weeks. I do not remember him being off the board this long before. I hope everthing is OK with him.
Old 07-17-2002, 04:12 PM
Registered

Default Joe's fine!

I spoke with Joe last week- he's been real busy and has not spent as much time as normal on the board, I'm sure he'll be back with stories in a while!
Old 07-17-2002, 06:47 PM
Registered

Well I hope he gets his ASS back on the board!
Old 07-18-2002, 12:15 AM
Uncle Toys

Hello from the shore of the beautiful blue waters of Lake Havasu. Where every day is exactly the same, hot (always 110 degrees), dry, blue sky (until the evening lightning show), and 82 degree blue water. Four weeks down and four to go – hope I can get myself to go back to work.

Tank, if your going to be here, you can bet your ass I will also! We have been at the Sandbar every weekend and it has been living up to its reputation. A couple of weekends ago I had Dougie Fresh, Blondie, and a couple of little Blondie’s in the boat and we did the run to Sandbar. We run to Avi often (31 Flavors, yummm). Was the boat up on the beach in the picture? Which magazine and what date?

The blowers have been a battle and last Sunday I lost – BANG! Starboard engine blew up, plenty of garage souvenirs. When I called Cattitude last week I was at Whipple Industries in Fresno. This week I have been arranging a replacement. Dropped the boat off this morning to have a new engine installed. Should be up and running this weekend; one engine supercharged and the other normally aspirated. Going to break the new engine in slow and then put the blower back on (if my wife allows it, she was pretty shaken).

We only have dial up at the lake, so it’s really only feasable late at night. Most of the time I am falling asleep on the couch by this time.

Old 07-18-2002, 12:39 AM
Registered

UT Baby!! Dude! you blew a motor!? Whats up with that? Give the details man. How fast? why'd it blow? whats the deal? Kelly and I were going to head out with Dougie and Blondie that weekend but we went to Hawaii instead Maybe I'll get them to come out with us next weekend...But we will be there. have the house all dialed in and everything. I think Kevin is taking his Cafe and Nort is trying to go and I need to talk to Kenny to see if he can bring the Tiger cause Rick32 wants to go so who knows. My boy is brining his f-3 33 eleminator too and will be crashing with us. Your boat going to be up and running by then or what?

about the magazine... it was in the recent issue of "Sport trucks" mag. I think it's on the racks now....Look through it and find the show at AVI It's a small pic but I swear it's your boat and someone is standing near it too I think. Check it out. Any way email me your numbers again so I can call you up when we get out there it'll be that thurs through sunday.

Tank
Old 07-18-2002, 12:59 AM
Uncle Toys

Thanks for the magazine info, I’ll check it out tomorrow!

Boat should be up and running this weekend (with a little asymmetrical thrust). We had to take Kathy’s best friend around on the pontoon boat this weekend. She got really bent with everyone passing us and nobody waving. So I got the green light to buy a new engine vs. rebuilding the old. Should be a simple install – keep your fingers crossed for me.

Art Whipple had the engine taken apart and inspected. I had Semper inspect it also. Bottom line, “oil starvation burned bearings – factory [quick drain oil hose] fell out when handled during disassembly, ‘Possible Cause’.” Hmmm?

p.s. Tried to pm you, but your mailbox is full. Your a popular pimp

Old 07-18-2002, 01:24 AM
Registered

I cleared the Pm's out.....email direct the numbers...I think Kelly still has your cell in her cell but give the home and cell again just in case she lost the number....good luck with the engine..that sucks though man! expensive mistake I'll give you a call next week when we get close to heading out.
Old 07-18-2002, 07:15 AM
Registered

When motor let loose were you in the throttle, or just crusing?
Old 07-18-2002, 09:44 AM
Uncle Toys

TJ - I was at high cruise, 4,200 rpm, ~75mph (gps on the fritz). I run everywhere at 70mph or more to keep water pressure up on the starboard. Still need to get that resolved. Boat handled great, little pull to the dead side, but nothing I couldn’t handle with ease. It did happen on the river with traffic coming in the opposite direction, so there was a moment of excitement. But the hull was up to the challenge!

p.s. Thanks for the concern before.

Quick Reply: Calling Uncle Toys!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.