Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Tell me more about the Hardy Party! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/29084-tell-me-more-about-hardy-party.html)

WETTE VETTE 07-18-2002 09:00 PM

Tell me more about the Hardy Party!

I hope to get there this year if it takes place. I went to Hunington a couple times for the radar run and the DNR shut it down. I hear a lot of the Hunington guys have been joining the Michigan Hot Boat club at the hardy party. Is there a radar competition or just a bunch of racers with an excuse to get together and thrash their equipment hard before winter? Tell me more!!! Thanks, Craig.

MIdnightRider 07-18-2002 10:42 PM

I may join also if I can actually make a turn in my 42 if I end up by Parkers Landing:D :D :D , But really we may come if we wont be considered to Big on the River. Midnight:cool:

powerqrudy 07-18-2002 10:50 PM

You really are not going to try and put a 42 in at Parkers are you??? Is the River getting to get a little wild??? The river was the place to ski in College Right under the Freeway by the public access.

Tinkerer 07-18-2002 11:03 PM

Parkers Landing is GONE.. The best ramp is BROWER PARK Exit #131 and go west and follow the signs. We have had larger than a 42 there. Someone allways brings a radar gun but it is more of just having fun and trashing parts. The water cops have put a damper on it the last year. But you can allways find somewhere to race. 17 miles of river to run.

KAAMA 07-19-2002 12:07 AM

I was there last year and put in at Brower Park---it was pretty cool with lots of boats and we had a lot of fun!

Red Stripe 07-19-2002 12:12 AM

We had a great time last year as well. When is it happening this year?

eliminator219 07-19-2002 05:42 AM

Run on the River!

MidnightRider,

Sounds good to me, If you can fit your 42 in the river, my 30' should be right at home! Let me also know when this is going to happen, Hell, I will even bring the radar gun... Party Time!! :D :D :D Would look forward to meeting some Michigan OSO members and seeing their boats!!

Eliminator219

pb 07-19-2002 09:02 AM

We are planning on going this year as well. Looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing some nice boats.

Paul

Waterfoul 07-19-2002 12:50 PM

I'll be there with the 'Foul again this year.

Midnight, last year the guy with that grey 38' Ocean Cat (??) (was in Grand Haven last weekend just down the beach from where you were on Sunday I think) launched at Brower without too much issue. Much wider than your Fountain and nearly as long. Should not be an issue to get your's in there.

MIdnightRider 07-19-2002 06:09 PM

That OE Cat with orange ect? I spoke with Rick today and I think I may have convinced him, so me may both go, well see what happens, but it sounds fun. Midnight:cool: