Notices

Great lakes bad news,

Old 02-06-2013, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run a 85' yacht based in chicago during the summer, this yr may be the first we dont had back to the great lakes. The trip back to the atlantic in October was difficult than, couldnt get in to my normal marinas along the way do to no water.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by budd
I run a 85' yacht based in chicago during the summer, this yr may be the first we dont had back to the great lakes. The trip back to the atlantic in October was difficult than, couldnt get in to my normal marinas along the way do to no water.
bet your wish'in ya got the trailer with it now arent ya
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 02-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
Still need to get mine repaired from banging it on a rock on Labor Day..... Launch every week in that canal, and until Labor Day had never stuck anything.... That launch wont be usable this year...
Yea, my usual launches are either filled with silt, the docks are too short by the time the boat floats off the trailer, or you drop your trailer tires off of the edge of the slab. I probably won't be able to get my boat next to the dock at the family cottage on Saginaw Bay either even though we dredged heavily 4-5 years ago. There is no water at the edge of the dock in the cottage cuts. Main channel might be ok if I just launch and go out. But I hate taking out labbed props. 248 deadrise and single bravo isn't good in the shallows. I also frequent the Saginaw River. Most of the launches are still usable with a 16' tin boat. Probably have to launch out of Bay City harbors this year.

Last edited by Gimme Fuel; 02-06-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WoW looks like I hit a nerve posting this, great read guys some of the stuff in prev post that you guys posted was pretty interesting to say the least, but as someone also noted the way gas is who knows if we will be boating, why is there no outrage?????? 4 bucks in Feb definitely spells 5 bucks mem day for the good stuff, on water who knows
Old 02-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Registered

funny how the gas price is no longer the problem of the president
Old 02-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pete280
He got his tax increase on the wealthy and now there is no discussion about entitlement reform or spending cuts. He has now moved onto gun control. I hope all the fools that voted for him are happy.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete280
not big on politics but it is amusing that the last time a word was said about it was the day before elections, just pizzes me of it is the one thing that changes the whole dam economy pretty soon mac and cheese with be 5 bucks. box
Old 02-06-2013, 11:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by 88242LS
not big on politics but it is amusing that the last time a word was said about it was the day before elections, just pizzes me of it is the one thing that changes the whole dam economy pretty soon mac and cheese with be 5 bucks. box
no chit....
Old 02-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Registered

Well for the people who don't live near the lake system.... I read this and learn a ton! Just want to say thanks for giving me something good to read.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Registered

The more they talk about gun control the more people are buying guns.
The FOID applications went from 10-15 a month to that number in one day here in Illinois.
There is a new gun and ammo shortage....
Ok now back to the low water levels.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.