Notices

Stolen domain name

Old 07-19-2002, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

D head!
I believe you are right in that would be the optimum name however, set your website up under nelems-marine.com. You can set up an email account in 1 day and do a website down the road. Send him an e-mail from "[email protected]" and tell him not to bother your all set with a domain. If he like to cut his losses tell him you will give him .20 on the dollar. Otherwise he can suck it up. When he figures out that he made a bad business decision he will stop paying the registration and the name will be up for grabs again. At that piont you can set it up so that it both names piont to your website and forwards your mail.
To litigate it just brings another A-hole into the mix whom will offer to take $500 of your hands anyhow.
Old 07-19-2002, 12:54 PM
Registered

Give him $100 or tell him you'll find another way to accomplish the same thing without him. [/B][/QUOTE]

Accomplish the same thing first, then he's got know rebutle. You also dont want him to think its all that important to you. Make him an offer "because you understand that scumbags like him have to make a living too ".
Old 07-19-2002, 01:05 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Thanks,everybody. I love this board because I get info on things I know nothing about.Hope I can contribute more on things I know about. I'm going to tell the guy to spend his $8 a year for the rest of his life if he wants to.I really don't need a website,anyone can see our boats on boattrader.com and then e-mail or call me.It just bugs me that some jerk can steal my name and expect me to pay him. Do you suppose he actually makes his living this way? Robert
Old 07-19-2002, 01:16 PM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

Originally posted by Tantrum
D head!
I believe you are right in that would be the optimum name however, set your website up under nelems-marine.com. You can set up an email account in 1 day and do a website down the road. Send him an e-mail from "[email protected]" and tell him not to bother your all set with a domain. If he like to cut his losses tell him you will give him .20 on the dollar. Otherwise he can suck it up. When he figures out that he made a bad business decision he will stop paying the registration and the name will be up for grabs again. At that piont you can set it up so that it both names piont to your website and forwards your mail.
To litigate it just brings another A-hole into the mix whom will offer to take $500 of your hands anyhow.
Tantrum,

Surely you are not referring to me and my bretheren as "another A-hole" to be thrown into the mix, are you?? You hate us until you really need us, then we are your best friend. Hopefully, you will never need such a best friend.

-Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher
Old 07-19-2002, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gee....is it possible that the reference to "A__hole" was more in reference to the fact that- in order to correct an illegal act by one "a--Hole", that $500.00 or MORE would be required to be paid to correct that illegal act. I don't see a reference to lawyers there. It could have been the DA, filing fees, etc, I would not take that personally Phknlwyr......after all, look at your own moniker here. It is in fun ...... right????
Old 07-19-2002, 02:10 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

I know the feeling... I had a search come up with a Bimini Top company who's address was www.sharkey.??? What brought up the site was he had titled his page SHARKEY MARINE. So even though he didn't have my domain address, he is probably getting traffic for my site with his page named after my domain name. He simply sells tops over the internet via email only. There is no address or phone # on the site. The only way to order is through email.... Can you imagine trying to get canvas that way???? Scary..... As long as no-one thinks it's me, there is not much I will do about it....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 07-19-2002, 02:22 PM
Marie Awesome

When we first purchased Awesome Powerboats, .com was taken. We went with .net. Set up all our ads, site, business cards and so on. After a year I got a E-mail from a gentelman in Kansas who ofered it to us for the price he paid, He knew I would stick with .net and it was of little value to him and I didn't really care one way or the other. We did buy it and they both are linked.

Good Luck!

Marie
Awesome Powerboats
"http://"awesomepowerboats.net

Old 07-19-2002, 02:24 PM
Digger300

Sorry you have to go through this trouble. I wish there were something we could do.

If it would help, any offshoreonly member can e-mail me direct to register their domain name for $14.95 per year, which is my cost.

Don't register it from my site because it's set up to charge $29.95.
That's why I say e-mail me direct.

Hope to help.

Old 07-19-2002, 03:35 PM
Registered

Phknlwyr,
Nothing personal
If you ever need to vent about your local Welding Supply Distributor please dont hold back, I know it can be frustrating

Not that I watch Will & Grace but, (my g/f does)
There was a funny episode were one of the guys was an IRS agent. He was at a party and every time he told someone his profession he got a look and they walked away.

I get the same thing when I tell people Im in the Industrial and Medical gas business
Old 07-19-2002, 03:43 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Jen and others. I am not sure were you are getting your info from, and maybe it is more up to date then my experience (aprox one year ago) but what I have found out as my name that I wanted for my business (Audio Innovations) is taken. There is nothing that I can do about it but waite. If the person does not use the name in a certain time span (can not remember what it is now) IE actually develope a web site on that name then you can call up Internick and have it removed from them and given to you. However I have been told by a number of Lawers that is totally cool for them to do this. IE Superboat the racing company is totally in the right to have Superboat.com and there is NOTHING at all in the world that John Coen can do about it but have his as he does. As long as Superboat aka SBI keeps their site up and running it is theirs. Just my experience.

Jon

Quick Reply: Stolen domain name

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.