Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
You`re gonna stick out like a sore thumb out of that boat
True but no different than a Sunsation,,Pantera,,28 Cig
Old 02-18-2013, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

I understand what you are saying. I was offering a suggestion that may help you be more comfortable (although not perfect), instead of cutting the floor out of a good boat. I'd hate to see a perfectly good Fountain get some floor treatment....

I'd also guess that it would be REALLY difficult to sell once you figured out that you need a 35/42.

Good luck with your search!

Originally Posted by zz28zz
That would be the way to go if moving the seat back was all that was needed.
I need my feet to be lower in the boat or the rest of the boat to be higher. The first option sounds easier.

On my old Chaparral I had to cut an access hole under drivers feet to access the fuel fill hose. There was definitely enough room on that boat to drop down 10 inches or so. The fever has a larger fuel tank, but I don't know exactly where it stops and starts.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm 6'5 and fit OK in my 29. I was going to look at a 35 back in the day but did not fit in it at all.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 286 Likes on 177 Posts

I've spent every available min researching alternatives over the last few weeks and can't find any deals anywhere near me that come close to the 29 Fever I"m looking at.

Sounds like there's a few folks around here as tall or taller that make the 29 work. I'll be revisiting the 29 again and will try some of the suggestions mentioned in this thread.

BTW, if anyone knows of a decent 27-30' twin screw with a blown engine/s in the central Tx area, and it's selling cheap, let me know. A friend of mine picked up a nice 35' Fountain last year with a blown eng for $10K.
I need a deal like that!!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:00 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

My 29 Fever was a 2001 with a single HP500. Maybe Fountain changed the seat layout by the Ike I got mine.

I suggest you drive a twin engine 29 Fever first. They are very tail heavy and do not fly level in rough water.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 286 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
My 29 Fever was a 2001 with a single HP500. Maybe Fountain changed the seat layout by the Ike I got mine.

I suggest you drive a twin engine 29 Fever first. They are very tail heavy and do not fly level in rough water.
I've been hearing a lot abt the tail heavy aspect with the 29 fever twins.
I'll be operating almost exclusively on Lake Travis (Austin) and maybe a couple of smaller lakes around here. Travis can be a little rough on holiday weekends but probably nothing like what you are refering to. Biggest thing I will encounter is an occasional wake from a 50' cruiser plowing along..

All the public ramps on Travis are currently closed due to low water plus I'll most likely be taking my test drive on a weekday, so I'm pretty sure my test drive will be on very calm water.

At what wave size would you start being concerned abt the tail heavy balance of the Fever twin?
Old 02-19-2013, 02:36 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Small block 29 twins werent bad. The big block 29s tend to just sink lol