Cigarette Racing Releases Electric 38’ Top Gun >

Cigarette Racing Releases Electric 38’ Top Gun

Notices

Cigarette Racing Releases Electric 38’ Top Gun

Old 02-15-2013, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Back4More
Offshore boats should have big loud high powered engines period.
Off topic and I'm sorry but you are exactly why I keep saying diesels won't make it here in the US.

Don't get me wrong I agree with you, but I get messages asking about diesels often and I use your exact line every time "it needs to be big and loud" and I'll add "lots of chrome"
Old 02-16-2013, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know where the $5,000,000 price tag comes from.
There is maybe $500,000 in boat and drives plus $1,300,000 in Mercedes own drivetrain and batteries.
Big markup. Where are the trim pumps mounted?
Attached Thumbnails -cigarette08.jpg  

Last edited by Back4More; 02-16-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:13 AM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

They said it ran 110mph but is capable of 118 but will only run high speeds for 58 seconds. They guy that built the electric motor for the Mercedes built the ones in the cig. Don't think they plan on selling any but wanted to prove that it can be done. And both cig and Benz are paint not wrapped and I couldn't imagine how hot that interior will get. Cool boat though
Old 02-19-2013, 09:06 PM
Registered

Glad someone is pushing the envelope. I would love to see them put the time and money into Hydrogen!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by back4more
dude, no hate here but don't get to thinking that this is anything other than a concept boat.
It was a cool innovative project with eye catching brand marketing results but as about feasible as a battery powered fa-18. I like cigarette but get away from the tree hugger crowd cause they are already attacking our lifestyle. Offshore boats should have big loud high powered engines period.
+1...
Old 02-20-2013, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by cfischer
They said it ran 110mph but is capable of 118 but will only run high speeds for 58 seconds. They guy that built the electric motor for the Mercedes built the ones in the cig. Don't think they plan on selling any but wanted to prove that it can be done. And both cig and Benz are paint not wrapped and I couldn't imagine how hot that interior will get. Cool boat though
Interesting, Bud told me they have yet to sea-trial. Had not been wet.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 73 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm betting the batteries were not even installed in the boat.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Registered

Frankly, I love prehistoric ofssil fuel burning ozone killin big blocks in boats, but we are a dying breed. I know the next gen of wannabe green hip[pies that wear tighter pants than their girlfriends will eventually take over.

Frankly, I benefit from it. ALl their green rides need power that isn;t so green lmao. The more electric powered vehicles, the more you tax the grid, which means more cogens and nuikes, which means more money in my packet and job security lol. I go around rebuilding all those gas and steam turbines. Great money makes from me, and the power plants..

I'll still continue to burn gas and not give a crap though. Life is too short lol
Old 02-20-2013, 12:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Biggus
Interesting, Bud told me they have yet to sea-trial. Had not been wet.
This is what we were told as well. They don't have any performance numbers, nor any Price quotes. I did hear though that the R&d by AMG is over $20 million already. Boat is def thinking out of the box.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Registered

I know its a very small comparison , but I race RC Boats - the advancements in the F/E (fast electric) classes in the last 6 years alone is unreal. They are- for our application - very practical, quiet and instant throttle . It's a really cool idea- but IMHO the tech just isnt quit there yet for a full size- however the fact they went for -should show writing on the wall. Guys in the RC world where looked upon in the same light less than ten years ago........

Andy