Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Ex miss budweiser unl. Hydroplane repower >

Ex miss budweiser unl. Hydroplane repower

Notices

Ex miss budweiser unl. Hydroplane repower

Old 02-16-2013, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 447 Posts

The Hydro's like Miss Budweiser are T55 boats but what are the 6 turbines that Geico has in inventory? If I recall Miss Geico normally ran the T53's and their "Project X" are the T55's that are now pushing the My Way Mystic - I could definitely be wrong though!
Old 02-17-2013, 06:25 PM
JMP
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bidders,FYI

http://www.network54.com/Forum/28565...72973/Bud+Boat
Old 10-24-2013, 11:20 PM
Registered

Could you use an unlimited hydroplane in a poker run???? Just for fun and run it alone side a variety of different types of boats
Old 10-25-2013, 12:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cmiller
Could you use an unlimited hydroplane in a poker run???? Just for fun and run it alone side a variety of different types of boats
You should re-think that question a bit before posting.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:59 AM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

So sorry, but that isn't a "real" Bud boat. She was a display hull, never raced, nor race able. Sadly, it's been offered numerous times to unsuspecting purchasers as legit. If you have not completed the purchase, think twice, you're just buying a shell that may look cool, but that's all. To verify, look at the turn fin bracket (Left sponson transom), rudder and bracketry on transom of ram wing, strut, canopy, canopy interior, engine rails etc. You'll find a lot of wood in the structure, something we haven't used in Unlimiteds for a long, long time.
You might call Joe Little at the Lakeland FL Bud distributorship for verification or feel free to contact me for any questions.
Steve David
Unlimited Hydroplane National Driving Champion, 2005-06-2008,2009,2010,2012
Old 10-25-2013, 06:02 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveDavid
So sorry, but that isn't a "real" Bud boat. She was a display hull, never raced, nor race able. Sadly, it's been offered numerous times to unsuspecting purchasers as legit. If you have not completed the purchase, think twice, you're just buying a shell that may look cool, but that's all. To verify, look at the turn fin bracket (Left sponson transom), rudder and bracketry on transom of ram wing, strut, canopy, canopy interior, engine rails etc. You'll find a lot of wood in the structure, something we haven't used in Unlimiteds for a long, long time.
You might call Joe Little at the Lakeland FL Bud distributorship for verification or feel free to contact me for any questions.
Steve David
Unlimited Hydroplane National Driving Champion, 2005-06-2008,2009,2010,2012
There you have it from the expert! Take Steves word to the bank!
Old 10-25-2013, 08:02 AM
Registered

Steve,

I'm just theoretically speaking here. I'm not even sure if it Is possible but if one could get there hands on a true unlimited hydroplane for personal use could they use it in poker runs and other lake events running along side cats and v bottoms or would it be to dangerous. Or to rough of waters
Old 10-25-2013, 08:28 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

That's like asking if Jimmy Johnson's cup car would do well at the Baja 1000. LOL.

Not that I am comparing a nascar cup car to a unlimited hydro. :-)

MP
Old 10-25-2013, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Cat & Mice
That's like asking if Jimmy Johnson's cup car would do well at the Baja 1000. LOL.

Not that I am comparing a nascar cup car to a unlimited hydro. :-)

MP
Considering some of the "offshore" races these days are held on lakes with short laps and a dog leg or two thrown in for more turns, that would be like having the baja 1000 in a walmart parking lot, Jimmy would probably do pretty good.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

I hope you know what you are getting into? I have a 1959 Biese 4pt Hydro drag boat. It's ancient technology compared to that Miss Bud and I'm still trying to figure it all out. Weight distribution, angles, props ..... It's fun but challenging from someone who has been into deep V's his who life. Also you need good water to run it on. Even calm days on a large body of water will have swells and they will beat the crap out of you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.