Sinks in performance boats >

Sinks in performance boats

Notices

Sinks in performance boats

Old 02-18-2013, 06:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Do you guys have any issues with the water in the holding tank getting stinky? I owned a camper and if the water was not filtered it would get real stinky.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last 2 boats had one in the head and in the galley area. Bathroom one got used, the galley one was always full of suntan lotion and cheap sunglasses. Worked well for the mess that the lotion would make no matter how hard you try to police it, and it was always funny when you tell the new guy to check out the rooster tail and watch the glasses fly off thier head.

I like one in a head but rather have a big 50-80 qt built in cooler like some builders do now. The cooler in the dash of the Sonic was still one of the best things I liked about it.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave M
Do you guys have any issues with the water in the holding tank getting stinky? I owned a camper and if the water was not filtered it would get real stinky.
i put a table spoon of bakeing soda in each tank full and it holds longer and safe. my tank is 30 gallans. try that
Old 02-18-2013, 11:47 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

As far as smell an keeping bacteria away treat it like a pool. On my supply boat our freshwater tanks stay chlorinated. Not highly but enough to keep the water good. We don't drink it or cook with it. Just showers. But a minimal amount of bleach will do well. Don't have a mix number trial and error till you get it right. This should only be an issue if you store the water for extended periods of time not for just a weekend worth.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
As far as smell an keeping bacteria away treat it like a pool. On my supply boat our freshwater tanks stay chlorinated. Not highly but enough to keep the water good. We don't drink it or cook with it. Just showers. But a minimal amount of bleach will do well. Don't have a mix number trial and error till you get it right. This should only be an issue if you store the water for extended periods of time not for just a weekend worth.
Instead of bleach have you considered granulated chlorine? I have some from the hot tub (not bromine) and was curious about throwing 1 teaspoon in now and then.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:34 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by prostock85
Instead of bleach have you considered granulated chlorine? I have some from the hot tub (not bromine) and was curious about throwing 1 teaspoon in now and then.
On my supply boat we use chlorine tablets. I was just throwing bleach out there as it is the premise and in many homes. Granulated chlorine would work. Just be very easy on amount as you figure out what works best for you.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sinks

(ICDEDPLL) If i go the route of taking the sink out and put something else in there i will have something made to fit the hole i cut out. It will be something nice with some kind of lining in it to prevent damage to what ever i put in there. Wood would be the easiest to work with but it would have to be a nice job. Not even sure how much room i have to work with, i would have to go to where the boat is stored and check it out.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

^^^ I`ve been looking for just a nice stainless shallow drop in piece but haven`t found anything..
Old 02-19-2013, 09:11 AM
Registered

I have 2 sinks. the head one does not get used to much ad the head is small room anyway so when you are done, your just tryign to get out of there. but it does sometimes get used.

The Gally gets used all the time, brushing teeth, washing dishes, washing hands, water for cooking, rinsing crap off, what ever. Have yet to try my hot water for some reason.

I also wright the interest paid as a second home, Cook surface, Toilet, and sleeping quarters.... and I can easily say I spend 2 weeks on the boat is need be.

This boat the V birth is a little firmer foam then my 252. So I just recentle purchases a 4 inch memory foam topper, and about to start trimming it for the V. anyone have and helpfull hints for trimming it?

I was thinking electric turkey trimming knife, as my dad used to cut foam for tool boxes out with one and it worked great on foam.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by michigan troll
One when you step in the cuddy across from the head and one in the head that can be used as a shower in the head. But no hot water.
Interesting. I don't have one on the head even though I have the fixed toilet(not porta potti).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.