KAMMA Sport Yachts 48 Footer Cummins >

KAMMA Sport Yachts 48 Footer Cummins

Notices

KAMMA Sport Yachts 48 Footer Cummins

Old 02-19-2013, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by goatskin
Cummins' (and in fact all diesel) warranties are highly dependent on use, and how THEY define the class of service YOU have put the engine to, and, of course if Cummins kissed the installation.

Annual hours, and running load both count, and Cummins does not publish a clear & concise warranty document, that I have seen.

This is the datasheet for the QSB 6.7, but it has the old ratings. It makes pretty interesting reading.
https://marine.cummins.com/MarineECM.../QSB6_7_SS.pdf

I think it is fair to assume that installed in a performance boat, the warranty is "One in the Box."
This is my experience with diesels too. I've run cummins in the marine environment were we absolutely punished them. We were original told to pull them to get refreshed around 800-1000 hrs. but most wouldn't make it past 600 so they dropped us back to 500hrs. They still ate turbos every 150-200hrs though. Nothing against Cummings there're great but they don't like going from stand still to full throttle over and over again.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by vindicator101
This is my experience with diesels too. I've run cummins in the marine environment were we absolutely punished them. We were original told to pull them to get refreshed around 800-1000 hrs. but most wouldn't make it past 600 so they dropped us back to 500hrs. They still ate turbos every 150-200hrs though. Nothing against Cummings there're great but they don't like going from stand still to full throttle over and over again.
FPT (nee: IVECO) rating of A1 and Cummins' HO/GS are about the same, as nearly as I can tell, and the A1 warranty is 300hrs, but is still dependent on the tattletale ECM loads&hours: if you have 200hrs, and 100 of them have been above 80%, both pieces of the crank belong to you.

's'ok ... I don't much care what the warranty is, just so they tell the truth about it, more-or-less.

I really appreciate SeaTek's up-front honesty: 'Yeah, we have a warranty. I saw it around here on somebody's desk last month, I think, but, Heads, Pistons and Turbos are Maintenance Items. You know that, right?'

When you are flying off 8', skipping every-other crest, and the turbo's gasping need for wind is creating a low-pressure area 100yds in all directions .. when torque is measured at 5.6 on the Richter scale ... yeah, iron has a shorter life-span.

Last edited by goatskin; 02-19-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

When you are flying off 8', skipping every-other crest, and the turbo's gasping need for wind is creating a low-pressure area 100yds in all directions .. when torque is measured at 5.6 on the Richter scale ... yeah, iron has a shorter life-span.
Now, that's funny!
Old 02-19-2013, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Torque measured on the Richter scale is awesome. Sounds like it would be quote from one of the diesel pick up commercials.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Registered

well ... the Cummins guy in the Scarab oooooooh! commercial was not exactly telling the unvarnished truth. The 550bhp rating is HO/GS, not ID/HO (419hp), which is what the 6pt pica in the sales contract will say.

(Not that engine-makers would ever ... overegg the pudding, mind.)

No matter & regardless, Scarab won't prop that yacht to come close to letting those ponies stretch and sweat: just set it on 3000, enjoy +2mpg & 50kts in conversational peace & calmitude. win-win-win

Whoever buys that boat - assuming they don't hole shot regularly, and they stay in chop v. seas, mostly - will be on their 2nd or 3rd bigger & fancier boat before that sweet 6.7 is worn even a measurable amount.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:35 PM
Registered

How did they get the rights to use the Kaama Logo and lettering? Any association?
Old 02-19-2013, 03:36 PM
Registered

Whoever buys that boat - assuming they don't hole shot regularly, and they stay in chop v. seas, mostly - will be on their 2nd or 3rd bigger & fancier boat before that sweet 6.7 is worn even a measurable amount.
Again, no truer words spoken.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:39 PM
Registered

Timeless lines for sure!!!
Old 02-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Registered

Annual hours, and running load both count, and Cummins does not publish a clear & concise warranty document, that I have seen.
This is the actual warranty doc, there is a doc for light duty engines someone is getting it for me.
https://marine.cummins.com/MarineECM...81775_0512.pdf
Old 02-19-2013, 05:53 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Timeless lines for sure!!!
Saw these on FaceBook
Attached Thumbnails KAMMA Sport Yachts 48 Footer Cummins-kaama-1.jpg   KAMMA Sport Yachts 48 Footer Cummins-kaama-2.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.