KAMMA Sport Yachts 48 Footer Cummins

Notices

KAMMA Sport Yachts 48 Footer Cummins

Old 02-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts
Default re-kindal

Originally Posted by Kaama302
How did they get the rights to use the Kaama Logo and lettering? Any association?
Just a thought. Kaama - Scarab - Betty Cook ; God Bless her! an old association. Maybe the builder will advise us.

Last edited by I'CE; 02-20-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Whatever happened with the 43 Eliminator w/diesels that was at the Lauderdale show about 4 years ago? My buddy caught a demo ride and was impressed. The 43 Eliminator was also based on the Scarab hull.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Dan is actually building the Kaama in Betty Cooks original building. talked with him for a bit and looked around the boat -- very nicely done -- and they were on a tight timeline as they had just received the engines Jan 15th...

fixed surface drives and rudder steering, cummins diesels -- the biggest problem would be finding enough time to try to wear everything out...
Old 02-20-2013, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

This reminds me of back in the '90s... MAN diesels hit the Sportfish market pretty hard with engines. They were saying that they were designed to be run full throttle all the time and you could do that if you wanted to... and of course if you didn't and kept it to 70-80% of max think of how long they will last!!!

Well... Ocean was offering the 48 convertible with both a 6 cyl. MAN and an 8 cyl. MAN setup. A guy in our area, who we'd see in the Bahamas frequently too, said F-it and got the 6 cyl and guess what... ran that fukker full throttle unless he was in a slow speed zone or docking the thing. He blew the engines once and MAN rebuilt (this was probably within a year from new). The second time a few months later one or both blew in or around Boat harbor in the Abacos. We watched a tow boat come get it and tow it back to the US. MAN fitted it with 8cyl diesels and told him to run it regular cruising speed... not WOT.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:48 PM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by olli
Is that from the same molds as Larry Smith's Kona performance cruiser?
We have licensed Larry Smith's/Team Scarab, Inc's molds. Over the last 10 years we have innovated the molds to truly support diesel power and a variety of drives. Unlike others who have tried to drop lower RPM diesels in to performance hulls we've actually taken the time to do the engineering so they perform extremely well and deliver the reliability and efficiency that diesels are known for.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts

Will you be potentially offering the smaller hulls with gasoline power in the future? I am sure you already have entertained the idea. 1350's triple digits, no problem. The boats look great. Good luck !

Last edited by I'CE; 02-20-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats is just an awesome look boat, so clean and sharp looking. Good luck with the sales, it's badass.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:59 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kaamayachts
We have licensed Larry Smith's/Team Scarab, Inc's molds. Over the last 10 years we have innovated the molds to truly support diesel power and a variety of drives. Unlike others who have tried to drop lower RPM diesels in to performance hulls we've actually taken the time to do the engineering so they perform extremely well and deliver the reliability and efficiency that diesels are known for.
Welcome to OSO!!!!!!! :thankyouthank you:
Old 02-20-2013, 11:51 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Nice boat also all 3 were at their display, Dan, Lance and Larry S. were very helpful to answer any question you wanted to throw at them. I did not ride in it but seen it out on the water - looked like it handled very well.

Sunday - that day was rough as nails out on the water. Heck thought I was in Miami Minnesota for the day as cold as it was..
Old 02-21-2013, 12:20 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Really cool boats and engines!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.